Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

^ well sure, eventually all materials deteriorate and either need replacement or repair. Economically no owner is going to do that unless it saves them money, or is necessary due to deterioration. They are eyesores, but they won't have their facades replaced because of that alone.

Leave them alone. They fit perfectly as is. Last thing we need is another Simpsons tower situation here.

I believe moving forward, the CIBC tower and perhaps the Bay tower as well needs some sort of re-cladding to fit in with the surrounding construction that is going up. I feel like its an eye sore for the Yonge/Bloor intersection

I hope not! These are beautifully simple yet elegant buildings from another time and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.... I'd even say I prefer them to most of what's being built presently!

I hope not! These are beautifully simple yet elegant buildings from another time and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.... I'd even say I prefer them to most of what's being built presently!
I largely agree. The CIBC tower is better than the Bay building, imo. I think both would look better taller. As is, they're nice modernism, but a tad stumpy.

Ohh, the bleeding hearts, they are OK but they would need 20-30 million bucks in retrofits to meet today's standards
the owner/developer might just as well want to raze them and re built here

Both succumbed to the 1970's obsession with brown (brown buildings, brown cars, brown clothing), which is currently out of fashion, but they're thoughtful enough, and their style will cycle back through in a decade or two.

(The bunker portion of the Bay building has no redeeming qualities however.)

Today. There's something pretty remarkable about this site in-person; a mix of the knowledge that the bits that will hold up a very tall tower are right in front of your eyes, and the look of the heritage structures teetering on the edge, I think.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 463
Yesterday.

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3885.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3886.JPG
    IMG_3886.JPG