Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

all historic buildings. but bazis almost always produces solid designs that are worthy of replace what is a fairly standard row of victorian storefronts.

Those lots all seem to extend a pretty far way back. They could easily fit a pretty large tower in behind the storefronts, a la Five Condos. Perhaps access off Yorkville Ave.

Those lots all seem to extend a pretty far way back. They could easily fit a pretty large tower in behind the storefronts, a la Five Condos. Perhaps access off Yorkville Ave.

If that's the proposal I'd be all for it, if they tear them down they'll have to run the bulldozer over me.

E condos. Emerald park. Exhbit. One bloor (before it was cancelled) those are all of bazis' projects that are among the top condos in the design category this century.

Emerald Park, Exhibit, E Condos and the original 1 Bloor are all pretty solid designs in my books. Crystal Blu seems to be the exception.

Emerald Park, Exhibit, E Condos and the original 1 Bloor are all pretty solid designs in my books. Crystal Blu seems to be the exception.

Crystal Blu is disastrous. None of the others have been built yet and 1 of them probably never will be either.

How many floors would work here? Knowing that 18 Yorkville is 36s and that Cumberland Place will one day be going highrise, I'd guess 46s would likely be approved here. A guesstimate (no it's not a rendering, just a 3D space filler) at the scale/massing/impact on the area:

838yongestreetbazis18no.png

If I find the inspiration, you'll know where to find my creative stuff....

Last edited:

Back