Toronto 1 Eglinton East | 211.25m | 65s | Davpart | Hariri Pontarini

That seems very tall for the area. How likely is it to get approved at this height?

It is incredible to me how much residential capacity is being added to this area -- there are so many projects going on in a three block radius of Y&E.

1sFMVOI.jpg

I have to admit these drawings of One Eglington East looks quite nice. I hope the colour of the facade turn out to be green like the emerald project in North York. It stands out from the distance. A couple of things that trouble me about this project is that they're tearing down a nice rich red marbled slate building and not incorporating any part of it into this building. The other thing is that this building is too close to the other project being proposed next door. There's no breathing space between buildings. Just look at the Trump building. A nice looking building that's being blocked out by other buildings. Its becoming a trend in Toronto. Are we that that hard up on space in this city?
The two developers should get together and build one mega structure that's wider and higher. With a large landscaped podium base for residents to hangout just like One Blood East.
I noticed China's mega structures have lots of breathing space to show off the buildings looks from a distance. They should incorporate this idea in Toronto.

Oh gawd no - not that sear your eyeballs out green please. Accent colour like Picasso or something like what's proposed for PJ would suffice.

AoD

what's that building between it and minto midtown? i just drove by and didn't see anything.

Crazy how just a few block over there's low density residential in that render.

I wonder what the south facing views will be from up top. Anyone have pictures from the top of minto midtown to get an idea?

That seems very tall for the area. How likely is it to get approved at this height?

It is incredible to me how much residential capacity is being added to this area -- there are so many projects going on in a three block radius of Y&E.
I think it's a pretty decent height for this area as its Midtown after all. If you think this is tall for an area outside of the core, there's an approved 200+ metre building that will be built in Etobicoke.

Back