Toronto 1 Eglinton East | 211.25m | 65s | Davpart | Hariri Pontarini

1sFMVOI.jpg

A couple of random thoughts:
1. Anyone else gets the vibe of Aura?
2. With balconies on the 6th floor, will these be the highest balconies in Toronto?

The initial news left me drooling over the holidays. Glad to see a design!

What is this, amazing proposal week or something?

Anyone else gets the vibe of Aura?

My first thought when I saw the line drawings was "That kinda resembles Aura". But the resemblance is (I hope) superficial. It's materials and finish that will decide how closely the two towers resemble each other.

Thanks for posting all those dev apps, raptor. Instead of counting sheep to help me fall asleep, I count new proposed developments ;)

A couple of random thoughts:
1. Anyone else gets the vibe of Aura?
2. With balconies on the 6th floor, will these be the highest balconies in Toronto?

1. Not really, but kinda from the side profile. I'd say a mix of Aura + 10 York + (Garrison Point + Pinnacle on Adelaide as modernizt put it nicely.)
2. I think so, can't think of any balconies higher than 6 floors in Toronto :p lol. jks. Your typo aside (you probably meant 66 floors), One Bloor's balconies should go higher.

Definitely the most impressive design seen today (wow. what a dump load of reports in one night :D!). Hard to believe how much Yonge and Egg is heading up. The heights proposed in the area are incredible.

The amount of new developments "in the churn" is mind-boggling... There must be demand, but I'm having a hard time keeping up... This project is great in that it extends the skyline northward as will Humber Bay westward... I'd love to fast-forward 10 years ahead to see which of these numerous proposals get built and how the skyline matures... Great stuff...

Garrison Point + Pinnacle on Adelaide.

Still early/conceptual, of course.

I hope it improves. I don't know, I just don't like it as much as say 1 Bloor East or even E condos, but I can't put into words why. It would be cool if instead of a box wrapped in triangles, the shape itself was formed by the triangles. But anyways I'm no architect :)

Back