Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Tower 1 is just under 70% sold.

Average prices for remaining units is $590psf.

After almost 1 year of selling they finally have a website and are moving into their sales centre as of today! Crazy.

<Location Location Location.:)

$590 psf in the current market ?? It's a good location but surely not EXCEPTIONAL ... that is totally overpriced ... does the builder still think we are in early 2008?? :rolleyes:

when I was last in the sales office 2 months ago, the RE agent said they were 70% sold in a fluffy sales pitch sort of way ... I don't feel particular confident about that statement ... because when I asked about construction and occupancy timing its clear they don't know, but she just made up something like late 2011 (which was completely unrealistic)

again I stick to my theory, do not ever take what agents tell you at face value ...

again I stick to my theory, do not ever take what agents tell you at face value ...

Speaking from personal experience in putting an offer in on a condo, I agree with that completely.

I suspect it's hard to come up with a realistic outside date for completion as we don't know the real state of sales and we don't know anything about the financing conditons they are operating under. Unless anyone can post some good intelligence on this . . .

Sales of the first tower are definitely over 60% and likely hovering near that 70% figure.

The agents would not know construction timelines except in a very general sense. A site this complex has schedules based on many issues - sales is only part of the picture. There may be different plans in place related to phasing or not phasing the condo; permits; trades availability & contracts/pricing; financing; materials manufacturing/availability; availability of capital or equity requirements and phasing with other projects that the developer is involved with; tarion requirements/provisions etc - agents aren't privy to all of this information.

Was at the Sales office over the weekend and agent told me occupancy is slated for February 2013 for Phase 1. The suite of the month was a 1039 sq ft 3 bdrm + den :eek: It was the model suite, there's a special price of $599,900 on any floor from 3-20. Last I checked the 20th floor was still up for grabs. Was tempted but I have no money :(
Kitchen was really small but overall a pretty good use of space.
I was suprised to find out phase 2 was so close to the 32 storey office tower.

Was at the Sales office over the weekend and agent told me occupancy is slated for February 2013 for Phase 1. The suite of the month was a 1039 sq ft 3 bdrm + den :eek: It was the model suite, there's a special price of $599,900 on any floor from 3-20. Last I checked the 20th floor was still up for grabs. Was tempted but I have no money :(
Kitchen was really small but overall a pretty good use of space.
I was suprised to find out phase 2 was so close to the 32 storey office tower.

nice, does anyone have the floorplan? can't seem to find the 1039sqft on their website.

Like Murano, I love this project from the outside but I hope it doesn't suffer from poor/cheap finishes and workmanship on the inside. There seems to a handful of disappointed Lanterra customers over at Murano.

My apologies, it is the 1091 sq ft "Gothenburg" model.
The model suite kitchen is an upgrade, so was the model suite kitchen at Murano, also an upgrade. However the standard finishes for Ice are much better than what they offered at Murano.

I'm not sure what the finishes are for murano, but the presentation centre is an upgrade of an upgrade.

Here is the standard kitchen. (straight across)

This is the upgrade kitchen (straight across)

The presentation kitchen is L shaped with an island. Third bedroom was turned into a dining room.

Last edited:
Well, the kitchen certainly goes with the whole Ice/cold theme, but it looks like it's from a mental hospital. Too white and sterile. And since when is a straight white fridge considered an upgrade from stainless steel? At least the s.s. added a bit of diversity. I think a funky stone backsplash would have added a lot to the kitchen, as opposed to the white tiles. Blech.

So what's the upgrade?

It looks like they added cabinet-face panels on the refridgerator and d/w, plus provided overhead glass-door cabinets over the sink.

Is the finish a lacquer vs. flat?

BTW, I didn't know you could fit a drop-in stove on top of a dishwasher?

so is this the new trend? charing upper kitchen cabinets as an upgrade??

that is a crazy compact kitchen ... at most I see 3 feet of open/usable counter surface

Well, the kitchen certainly goes with the whole Ice/cold theme, but it looks like it's from a mental hospital. Too white and sterile. And since when is a straight white fridge considered an upgrade from stainless steel? At least the s.s. added a bit of diversity. I think a funky stone backsplash would have added a lot to the kitchen, as opposed to the white tiles. Blech.

It's not a straight white fridge. It's miele appliance. It's built-in appliance.

I'm don't know the cabinet materials. It's hard to tell from the sketch, but I think the presentation centre used flat material. Not lacquer. I don't recall if the stove was over the dishwasher in the presentation centre. But from the floor plans they seem to be beside each other.

Visually, it's nice enough but seriously, there's no preparation area and it's really lacking cabinet space to store pots, pans and groceries let alone an area for a coffee pot and a toaster. Food is what sustains us. Healthy food provides energy, life and good health. Kitchens need to be a little more functional than this. That kitchen provides little more space than to open a crappy frozen dinner or a can of spaghetti. I don't mean to dump on Ice, these crappy designs aren't uncommon.

end of rant

Back