Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

May 18

With next to no cars in the lot allow me get a few full view.

My small kitchen which smaller than this one has more of everything other than a dishwasher.

It's cold inside

IMG_may-18-09-0335.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0334.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0336.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0337.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0338.jpg

can't believe there hasn't been a post on this since May....

Latest Condo Guide is out today (Aug 3-31)....there is an article on Ice on page 90, as well as an ad on page 11...in the ad:

- Tower #1 is 80% Sold
- "Construction starts soon" (for tower #1)
- HST included in the price

in the article:

- confirms that 80% of the 578 suites in tower 1, at 55-storeys, are sold
- occupancy scheduled for spring 2013...

Last edited:
That's the best news posted on this forum in a long time!

Visually, it's nice enough but seriously, there's no preparation area and it's really lacking cabinet space to store pots, pans and groceries let alone an area for a coffee pot and a toaster. Food is what sustains us. Healthy food provides energy, life and good health. Kitchens need to be a little more functional than this. That kitchen provides little more space than to open a crappy frozen dinner or a can of spaghetti. I don't mean to dump on Ice, these crappy designs aren't uncommon.

end of rant

Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend for new condos lately. It's hard to find C and L shaped kitchens for pre-construction these days. A few have an island but many have it as optional from the builder so the purchaser has to pay through the nose for upgrades.

Are you sure it's only for tower 1? I saw that same ad in yesterday's Star, and it didn't specify towers. I was hoping it referred to the entire project.

As far as I know, tower 2 hasn't even gone on sale yet. At least that's what I've figured from all the posts I've read here on UT.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend for new condos lately. It's hard to find C and L shaped kitchens for pre-construction these days. A few have an island but many have it as optional from the builder so the purchaser has to pay through the nose for upgrades.

It definitely became smaller and smaller....the largest 1 bed is only 625 sqf and largest 2 bed is a mere 791 sqf. Am i too old fashioned or its just how it is...Do anyone know how much they ask for these two?

As far as I know, tower 2 hasn't even gone on sale yet. At least that's what I've figured from all the posts I've read here on UT.
I didn't know that. Thanks. Seeing how tower 1 sold with relative speed considering the economic conditions, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the second one also does brisk business when released.

I didn't know that. Thanks. Seeing how tower 1 sold with relative speed considering the economic conditions, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the second one also does brisk business when released.

Are you sure it's only for tower 1? I saw that same ad in yesterday's Star, and it didn't specify towers. I was hoping it referred to the entire project.

I have been in ICE's presentation centre on several instances, only Phase 1 (55s) has been released to date ... no timing for Phase 2 launch as of yet

even though this is a good location, the offering of 'so-so' layout designs, high prices, and a very large number of units may proof to be a major challenge in order to market the next 65s tower IMO ... since ICE has tiny units in its original plans, it is not like the builder could try to break them up into smaller units like other sites have been doing in order to make them seem more 'affordable'

so we'll have to wait and see how, when, and IF this project can make it off the ground ~ :cool:

Last edited:
it is not like the builder could try to break them up into smaller units like other sites have been doing in order to make them seem more 'afforable'

so we'll have to wait and see how, when, and IF this project can make it off the ground ~ :cool:

I think this development will just do fine selling its units, there is still a market out there looking for 5 star living.

Well given the change in the economy, Lanterra can always regear tower 2 to better reflect what people are looking for. If they are smart, they can snatch sales away from other projects by better focusing on first time buyers and giving them a little more for their money.

Visually, it's nice enough but seriously, there's no preparation area and it's really lacking cabinet space to store pots, pans and groceries let alone an area for a coffee pot and a toaster. Food is what sustains us. Healthy food provides energy, life and good health. Kitchens need to be a little more functional than this. That kitchen provides little more space than to open a crappy frozen dinner or a can of spaghetti. I don't mean to dump on Ice, these crappy designs aren't uncommon.

end of rant

Too many places these days have these crappy designs it seems. Casa has these ridiculously small kitchens as well, and also the idea that a two bedroom can be good with only ONE washroom (and no powder room!).

Too many places these days have these crappy designs it seems. Casa has these ridiculously small kitchens as well, and also the idea that a two bedroom can be good with only ONE washroom (and no powder room!).

You get what you pay for, its like comparing some big detached home in Parkdale to some puny semi on the Danforth........Different buildings, different designs and prices, same goes for the area. Many people on this forum seem to compare and expect that every tower going up in Toronto should be priced the same per sq.foot.:eek:

Back