Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

IMG_3402.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3402.jpg
    IMG_3402.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 933
Everything looks so small when the 1800ft+ CN Tower is in the picture with it. All these 400-800ft towers look so small beside it. Look at the Delta Hotel... a respectable height in most Canadian cities. In TO, it looks like a little apartment building (height wise) despite it being over 500ft in height.

CN Tower is the best architecture in the City. Period. It makes (almost) everything else look like a series of small compromises.

It is still amazing to look at - whether from afar or from right at the base. Modern, yet timeless. It's great.

It is, and they had major problems with wind loads on these towers. That long delay around this time last year was precisely because they had no idea how to get the wall to pass wind load inspection. I'm kind of curious if they ever actually resolved them or if everyone just agreed not to sue each other into oblivion over it.

I only have a basic knowledge of statics/particle dynamics, etc. but I suspect those holes in the roof element would alleviate some of the wind stress. Then again, they complicate things as well. Those courses are all rather fuzzy to me now, so maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
CN Tower is the best architecture in the City. Period. It makes (almost) everything else look like a series of small compromises.

It is still amazing to look at - whether from afar or from right at the base. Modern, yet timeless. It's great.

Agreed. I never get tired of looking at the tower every single day and night :)

13092205295_60a2f7c558_b.jpg

Back on topic please.

Back