News   Aug 01, 2024
 238     0 
News   Aug 01, 2024
 338     1 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 1.5K     0 

The Weather

I'll be an optimist and say this Thursday, which is December 4th?

BTW, assuming it doesn't snow tomorrow, this is the first time in over 70 years that it hasn't snowed in November in Toronto. Apparently, the last time it hasn't snowed in November was in 1934 (?) or somewhere around there. And they have even found reports of snow in November that year, so it's possible it's even before that.
Tornadoes in the GGH? No snow in November for the first time in maybe 100 years? I'm not saying anything yet, but if this kind of stuff happens next year, I'll be putting on my tinfoil hat and go out on a leg to say Global Warming is actually actually 100% without a doubt all it's hyped up to be.

No snow in November for the first time in maybe 100 years? I'm not saying anything yet, but if this kind of stuff happens next year, I'll be putting on my tinfoil hat and go out on a leg to say Global Warming is actually actually 100% without a doubt all it's hyped up to be.

I know there is an assumption that Toronto is the centre of the universe among some people, but our fair city hardly defines the global trend by itself. ;)

I know there is an assumption that Toronto is the centre of the universe among some people, but our fair city hardly defines the global trend by itself. ;)
Really?! Just after I had a celebratory party marking the end of the world too...

Well people, first official snow-free november in 75 years. I'm curious as to what constitutes as "snow-free," since I could swear there were flurries on at least two occasions this month. Maybe 50 snowflakes makes it redundant, but I'm still pretty sure this is a consequence of bigger, unmentionable things.

My money's still on this Thursday for first snow to stick on the ground. Apple weather's saying clouds made of snowflakes raining on top of a giant four, which I've learned to interpret as a temperature close to zero with a chance of rain, snow or a mixture of both.

Don't worry, because of the cool summer the earth was not heated well, or soemthing like that, so it is projected to be an extremely cold winter. There will be plenty of chance for snow to accumulate.

Don't worry, because of the cool summer the earth was not heated well, or soemthing like that, so it is projected to be an extremely cold winter. There will be plenty of chance for snow to accumulate.

source?

Ontario & Quebec: Most residents of Ontario and Quebec can look for the winter months to be near normal with small pockets experiencing less than normal precipitation and above normal temperatures.

Below normal temps expected for the next 3 months:

sfe1t_s.gif

Also below normal precipitation:

sfe1p_s.gif

I read that the south Pacific is beginning to warm signaling an El Niño year which can often result in a warmer than usual winter for our climate. The graphs above appear to suggest that. Here's hoping!

Below normal temps expected for the next 3 months
Which contradicts the normal temperatures predicted a month ago for Nov-Jan (and November was above normal), which leads me again to ask why they even bother.

Any long-range prediction beyond a couple of weeks is pretty much a waste of time, but I suppose that's the way it goes in this age of too much information.

Environment Canada vs. the Weather Network. They can't both be right.
Seems like they're locked in mortal combat. I don't think they even agree on sunrise/sunset times for Toronto.

Back