News   Jul 03, 2024
 377     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.3K     0 

The Weather

I measure 31 cm... plus it appears it will snow an additional 5 cm still

just got back from my so called walk. i went to the don valley brick works and it was great. i was pretty much the only one there. the storm was still kicking aroudn 4pm when i was there, espeically on top of the hill. almost blew me off.

here are some pics.

DSC04779.jpg

DSC04780.jpg

DSC04781.jpg

DSC04782.jpg

DSC04783.jpg

DSC04784.jpg

DSC04786.jpg

DSC04787.jpg

DSC04789.jpg

DSC04790.jpg

DSC04791.jpg

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04794.jpg

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04796.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

DSC04801.jpg

DSC04802.jpg

DSC04804.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

I went to K-market and the Annex this PM--people skiing down Spadina (in streetcar ROW!) Ppl walking on the streets, an SUV stuck on Baldwin St! Drama! Lotsa fun and it reminded me of the Blackout of '03--people were very friendly and not so reserved==translation I met some cuties:)

I spent the afternoon riding the TTC before dinner. Loads of fun - the suburban bus routes seemed to run like clockwork (rare!) because there were both relatively few riders, and very few cars. So movement was steady.

I took: 41 to 168 to 505 to 511 to 510 to B-D to 92 to 506 to Y-U-S to my destination.

Amongst the most interesting things:
- Really stupid drivers. Like the ones who thought they could pass on the left of a streetcar (happened several times on Gerrard). Or the two drivers on Bathurst South that passed the streetcar with open doors at Queen and Adelaide. The streetcar driver caught up to both at King, stood in front of the offending cars, lectured them about the Highway Traffic Act, and got their licence plates. (Good for him!)

And apparently, snow build-up (or a disabled train, or both) shut down the subway around Victoria Park, so there were shuttles between Woodbine and Kennedy (as if anyone was going to get anywhere). The problem was also there was no guidance at all as dozens of people rushed up to join crowds in the hundreds waiting for buses. The most fun was being a "volunteer" to get on an out-of-service bus to get it out of being stuck in the snow, and it became a 92 south.

Fun times! Really neat to ride around a very much dead city.

Really stupid drivers.

What is it about bad weather that makes some people behave so poorly? I saw a kid nearly get hit crossing on a green by a driver who came up on her red way too fast - and she seemed pissed at him!

I really hate those speed bumps during major dumps. Just when u got momentum, another bump, then the guy in front with cheap seasonals gets stuck. Plus the plows never do a good job on those streets with speed bumps because they lift the shovel to avoid damaging them. Are they really necessary? Those unsightly bumps can ruin a good looking street.

AWCN11 CWTO 170822
Weather summary for all of southern Ontario and
The national Capital region
Issued by Environment Canada Toronto
At 3:02 AM EST Monday 17 December 2007.

The major winter storm from Texas spread snow and blowing snow across
all of southern Ontario late Saturday through Sunday.
As of 3:00 AM Monday snow has moved out of most southern Ontario
regions. Only the extreme southeastern sections will have some light
snow remaining until early this morning.

Here are some unofficial snowfall amounts as of 3 AM Monday.

Windsor.............21 cm
London..............16 cm ice pellets and freezing rain as well
St cattherines......13 cm ice pellets and freezing rain as well
Grimsby mtn.........26 cm ice pellets and freezing rain as well
Niagara Escarpment..32 cm
Hamilton............24 cm ice pellets and freezing rain as well
Toronto downtown....26 cm thunder/lightning/ice pellets as
Toronto riverdale...30 cm
Pearson airport.....18 cm ice pellets as well
Mono Mills..........21 cm
Markham.............23 cm ice pellets briefly mixed
Downsview...........20 cm ice pellets briefly mixed
Wiarton.............27 cm
Minden..............25 cm
Orillia.............25 cm
Coldwater...........20 cm
Trenton.............20 cm
Ottawa airport......37 cm
Gatineau............32 cm
Embrun/Russell......50 cm
Cornwall............50 cm

Please note that this summary contains the observations at
The time of broadcast and does not constitute an official
And final report of the weather events or the high
Impact events attributed to the weather events.

END/GR/ER

Eastern ON got hammered!

that pic was taken on my recent trip to the Hoth system

(Homage Time.) Perhaps we have "storm" trooper(s) on the website. Let me ask our mystery man how many do we have (and don't say who!)

klemperer.jpg

© 2000 by Neil Mishalov

Whew! ... he almost did say...​

Speaking of the Hoth system, apparently little old Ottawa has seen its December snowfall record broken this year.

Ah snow, so nice while its all purdy and white. In a few weeks we'll know where every dog was.

Back