News   Jul 15, 2024
 394     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 554     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 565     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Taken from the Mertopolis.ca website:
(how can I properly post these pics (without the thumbnails), btw?)
You need to have them hosted somewhere. For instance, Photobucket works well. Then just copy the web address of the picture into the field in VBulletin's picture icon thingy (the icon that looks like a mountain).

Virgin? Sorry, they are out of the picture; they backed out a couple of years ago now.42
In fact, right out of the country.

Really don't like the name, "Toronto Life Square" -- does nothing for our image as a self-pretentious city.

Gotta love how uniquely Toronto that corner will be between Virgin, H&M, Hard Rock Cafe, Wolfgang Puck, AMC... :p

What should the square be called then?

Toronto Life Magazine got naming rights so it really isn't all that different from a lot of new projects these days.

You need to have them hosted somewhere. For instance, Photobucket works well. Then just copy the web address of the picture into the field in VBulletin's picture icon thingy (the icon that looks like a mountain).

In fact, right out of the country.

Thanks Darkstar.

What should the square be called then?

Toronto Life Magazine got naming rights so it really isn't all that different from a lot of new projects these days.

Yeah, I don't 'love' it either. Much preferred Metropolis
(especially with Superman connotations!), but as far as naming rights outcomes go, it could be much worse.

I'm curious how people will shorten it. Toronto Life Square is a mouthful, and Life Square just doesn't sound right?

I think there is some confusion: Toronto Life Square is the name of the building only. It is not the name of the public square at Yonge and Dundas.

Why would anyone call it anything but Yonge Dundas Square?

(Life Square? Based on the breakfast cereal?)

I still just call it Dundas Square. It was Dundas Square before it was Yonge-Dundas Square, which is a mouthful in my opinion.

More of the video board going up...

ViewFromSears.Sept07.jpg

ViewFromHardRock.Sept07.jpg

That last picture shows how the signage will completely transform this building.

Nonetheless, I don't like the mullions on the windows closest to Yonge St. (near the fake fans) the other side near Victoria is so much nicer with no vertical mullions on the glazing.

Regardless, the rendering shows that these windows will be covered over with movie poster lightboxes and once all the stores are populated with items, people, lights, signs of their own, the building will come into its own.

Do we have an updated timeline? Stores should open in time for the Christmas shopping season and we can tell that probably the signage will be up in the fall or are they only adding signs according to demand? That lonely Super Bad poster is probably all that they've sold so far.

Back