News   Jul 12, 2024
 941     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 831     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 336     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Toronto Life Photo Update - July 15th

Not much new...

...and the mess from Edward Street -

Cheap and oppressive - truly an eyesore of the year (if not the decade). Stacking a bunch of 20ft containers on the site would have been far more visually interesting.

Thanks again PenEquity.

AoD

While photographing today I noticed the cement of Olympic Spirit at the corner of Victoria and Dundas has become strangely discoloured and is cracking. Not good.

geek:

On the contrary, I can't wait to see it crack some more to the point of it being a structural issue. The end result could only be the best thing ever.

AoD

Considering how terrible Torch turned out, I'm a little surprised that I don't mind this building. That mass of corrugation viewed from Edward Street is absolutely horrible though... my only major beef. I hope it gets covered.

The primary function of a design review board should be to prevent things like Torch and that horrible mass of corrugation on Metropolis. In contrast, the Victoria Street side doesn't look so bad... why couldn't they have done something similar on the Yonge Street side?

Considering how terrible Torch turned out, I'm a little surprised that I don't mind this building. That mass of corrugation viewed from Edward Street is absolutely horrible though... my only major beef. I hope it gets covered.

The primary function of a design review board should be to prevent things like Torch and that horrible mass of corrugation on Metropolis. In contrast, the Victoria Street side doesn't look so bad... why couldn't they have done something similar on the Yonge Street side?

IMO I hope your design review board comment includes Yonge Dundas Square...let's redevelop 4 city blocks but lets visually block and physically seperate the square from the other 3...

Back