News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
this pic also shows the type of cladding that will cover the "inbetween" sections of windos on the Yonge Side.

I would really have LOVED to see LED "tickers" between some of the windows on at least part of the Yonge Street side. Oh well.....

you know what? i actually like the overhangs. i think the yonge street façade could turn out well.

Fifty years ago, those overhangs would have been solid concrete like at 2 Carlton. For that matter, 2 Carlton's kinda like what would be on the Metropolis site were Dundas Square conceived 50 years ago...

Walked by this morning. Yonge Street hoarding is gone. Nice round corner at Dundas, really opens up the sidewalk there. It's setback well on Yonge street i think. Does anyone remember if the subway entrance will be moved indoors?

There will be an underground connection, I'm pretty sure. Wrangling over it accounted for part of the years-long delay.

Now, hopefully, there won't be a situation like the Osgoode 4SC entrance...

Yup - it's open. The signs are up, the lights are on and the door is open. Saw it all last Sunday when I went to the COC's Luisa Miller.

laaaa-la-la-la-la-la-la-lala-la-laaaaaaa 42

bought a new camera and decided to take some new pics
100_0016.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0031.jpg

hey gbelan, just going through these and all the other pics....nice! What camera did you get?

I find metropolis without hoarding to be just shocking!

Wow, it is weird...the complete removal of that hoarding will probably be the single biggest change in Toronto's recent construction boom.

Now if they just replace the sidewalk outside it'll be like a whole new world. Would have been amazing if someone had done a detailed collection of photos of the Yonge-Dundas area 10 years ago for comparison to the near future. So many changes...

Dundas Square
Metropolis
Pantages & Opus
Eaton Centre north entrance
Hard Rock Cafe
Eaton Centre Yonge Facade
Dundas Parkade & Eaton Centre Cinemas
Torch
Ryerson Business
Atrium Media Tower
Atrium Yonge Frontage
HMV Frontage

Am I forgetting anything?

yyzer, i just went to best buy and got the cheapest digital camera there $149. its a kodak easyshare c653. 3x zoom and
6.1mp plus a 2.4 inch lcd screen. i dont take many pictures so i really dont need anything fancy.for that money it gets the job done.

Back