News   Jul 08, 2024
 391     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 635     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I actually e-mailed the advertising/PR people at Toronto Life about 2 weeks ago to enquire about the signs. I have not received a response to date.

I'd suggest calling them directly.

I think it's a sad case that the signs have not been installed. It would have capped off the building well. I find it baffling that "Toronto Life" would pay sponsorship fees only to not have their signs installed? Mystifying.

I know a lot of you don't like the appearance of this building in the least, but the signs would have added some much needed grace.

how hard is it to put a sign on a building???.... I guess PenEquity is as bad as you guys have been saying, it's not like they are loosing money on this property.... that's for sure. The place is always packed whenever i'm there and i'm sure they are doing very well at overcharging the retailers for rental space....

I actually e-mailed the advertising/PR people at Toronto Life about 2 weeks ago to enquire about the signs. I have not received a response to date.

I'd suggest calling them directly.

I think it's a sad case that the signs have not been installed. It would have capped off the building well. I find it baffling that "Toronto Life" would pay sponsorship fees only to not have their signs installed? Mystifying.

I know a lot of you don't like the appearance of this building in the least, but the signs would have added some much needed grace.

By "signs" do you mean the roof-line treatments as illustrated in the renderings?

The place really is a disaster in every possible way. The inside is a complete disgrace... reminds me of a bomb shelter or something. Everything is just gray...

I took my brother there to watch Terminator: Salvation. He's a good example of a lay person, not interested in architecture nor aware of the process behind getting this thing built.

He thought it was awful to get around, thought that it wasn't finished yet (even though I told him it's been open for a year already) and of course was the millionth person to arrive on the foodcourt level coming down the escalator from AMC and then being completely lost as to where the down escalator was from there.

He thought the place looked like trash and said he would never go back there except for the AMC. He loved the theatre, a sort of return to the classic movie theatre experience. Of course the theatres were all empty at 7pm on a Thursday night. This building is a people repellent. It couldn't attract a crowd if Angelina Jolie were signing autographs in the lobby.

Fortunately some of the retailers and restaurants have stepped up and created great spaces.

AMC, Jack Astors, Milestones, Adidas, Extreme Fitness and the stores at street level on Yonge are all great additions to the area and very well designed.

It's the common areas, the parts managed by PenEquity themselves that are barebones cheapouts.

I think PenEquity is in this to build only the essential for the least amount of money and then sell it for a profit like they did with Torch. I can't wait for the day that a serious Retail Management company comes in and revamps the place.

He thought it was awful to get around, thought that it wasn't finished yet (even though I told him it's been open for a year already) and of course was the millionth person to arrive on the foodcourt level coming down the escalator from AMC and then being completely lost as to where the down escalator was from there.

I've heard unsolicited comments from friends like, "that mall (TLS) sucks". I've discussed this building with other friends who have an appreciation for architecture & design and they despise it equally, inside and out so it's not just UT'ers who feel this way.

Fortunately some of the retailers and restaurants have stepped up and created great spaces.
AMC, Jack Astors, Milestones, Adidas, Extreme Fitness and the stores at street level on Yonge are all great additions to the area and very well designed.

Agreed, they've made a great effort of making the very best of a very bad situation.

It's the common areas, the parts managed by PenEquity themselves that are barebones cheapouts.

I think PenEquity is in this to build only the essential for the least amount of money and then sell it for a profit like they did with Torch. I can't wait for the day that a serious Retail Management company comes in and revamps the place.

I've thought that too, maybe "hoped" is more the term I should use. I wonder if this could possibly be why Toronto Life is withholding putting their signs up on this POS? If I were a CEO and toured this place upon "completion" I'd be regretting the moment I made the decision to drop a bucket of money into PenEquity's hands to brand my company's name on this trash can.

I wonder if this could possibly be why Toronto Life is withholding putting their signs up on this POS? If I were a CEO and toured this place upon "completion" I'd be regretting the moment I made the decision to drop a bucket of money into PenEquity's hands to brand my company's name on this trash can.

Yeah, I brought up that possibility some months (years? lol) ago. If I were TorontoLife, I wouldn't want to put my name on that piece of crap :rolleyes:

I just found this on Penequity's site:

Toronto Life Square

Toronto Life Square has a number of exterior and interior signage opportunities available both for temporary advertising campaigns, as well as for permanent sponsorship placement. As a destination venue, Toronto Life Square is one of a kind. Media is an integral part of the Toronto Life Square experience. With outdoor, indoor, digital and static signs, each one is part of a media environment that attracts, directs and inspires visitors to Yonge-Dundas Square and to Toronto Life Square. Toronto Life Square promises to have all of the best elements of Times Square and Picadilly Circus, with the latest in video technology.

Toronto Life Square continues this unique sense of space and media indoors! The interior of the building offers a network of strategically located video screens, complemented by traditional static advertising displays. To support advertising, marketing and branding initiatives, Toronto Life Square has promotional display areas within the facility. Our interior digital signage network and activation event spaces will captivate, entertain and involve all visitors to Toronto Life Square. With an ever-changing mix of advertising, digital art, informative and entertainment content, Toronto Life Square has raised the bar for place based media.

... and promptly spit out my Corn Flakes! LOOOL! Who are they kidding??? OMFG I'm killing myself here... hahaha

I've only gone in twice and won't be back. It is rather distressing inside, but it's the missing escalator that really makes me crazy. Another owner could take it over and improve the look of the inside, but that sense of being a mouse in some kind of sick science/wayfinding experiment is too much to bear.

I wouldn't necessarily applaud the retailers for their efforts, I mean that's simply what they do regardless of where they are.

I refuse to go to TLS because to do so is to condone it. The only chance for improvement here is for total failure, like the Torch/Olympic Centre. The thing that really scares me though is the notion of TIFF here and what this heap of crap coveys about Toronto to the rest of the world. Oh well we can always pray for arson.

I think Toronto Life hasn't installed the signs yet because of financial reasons. I'm sure the recession isn't helping.

All we can do is hope for new property owners/management to spruce it up. A lost opportunity until that time. Think of how many tourists take pictures of the building when they are in the square....

Back