News   Jul 12, 2024
 503     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 518     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 274     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The new Dasani ad is horrible and cheap... I miss LG already.
2940987151_7403617bae.jpg

OMG ... thinking they would replace LG sign with something animated ~

now its just another poster????

Maybe that's the best permanent location for the Sam The Record Man neon records (or a scaled replica). Kill two birds with one stone- save a local historic landmark, and prevent more bad advertising at Dundas Square at the same time.

To be honest the LG sign was in really bad shape. It's possible that the sign in it's orginal state was a lot better then what there is now. I saw it in person it's not that bad to be honest although yes you can notice it's draped on in a certain sense.

lol yes like the amazing ones in London.

God pidically circus (mind my spelling) is absolutely horrendous (I'm referring to the adds them selves only!)... TLS beats it hands down even without the LG sign : - )

Other then the screen the signs are extremely ugly in the day time ... it's worse in person then in that picture as well.

More bad news. The Dentyne Ice ad above the Hard Rock Cafe building on Yonge has been removed and replaced with a cheap new dentyne ice ad with two people smiling (how creative!). If you don't know which one I'm talking about, it's this one before it was replaced with the gum sliding out of the package.

2469659982_cf6741e68f.jpg

So, now there are absolutely zero unique looking ads out there (excluding the video screens of course).

Alright I'll admit that sucks ...

The one with the chocolate was really good! When they replaced it with the gum package it wasn't bad actually but this new one doesn't sound the least bit interesting.

More bad news. The Dentyne Ice ad above the Hard Rock Cafe building on Yonge has been removed and replaced with a cheap new dentyne ice ad with two people smiling (how creative!). If you don't know which one I'm talking about, it's this one before it was replaced with the gum sliding out of the package.

2469659982_cf6741e68f.jpg

So, now there are absolutely zero unique looking ads out there (excluding the video screens of course).

I remember reading not long ago that it is illegal to have a 3 dimensional billboard ad in Toronto. A lot of places still do it, but the Adbusters crowd (my second post in a row complaining about them) has an organization that keeps an eye on these things and complains when they see them. This could have something to do with the lack on interesting billboards around.

Things are about to get worse. More signs comings. Run for your lives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 206684 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Oct 1, 2008

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Other(BA)

Description: Proposal to construct structural support for future signage on the south and west elevation.

BA Building Inspection Pt3
Inspection Wild, Andrew Contact Info

That's a good thing! Maybe this means that ads will finally cover up those bare grey walls above the patios on the west. And perhaps the advertising on top of the building that was first proposed will emerge on the south elevation.

Things are about to get worse. More signs comings. Run for your lives.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 206684 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Oct 1, 2008

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Other(BA)

Description: Proposal to construct structural support for future signage on the south and west elevation.

BA Building Inspection Pt3
Inspection Wild, Andrew Contact Info

Back