News   Jun 20, 2024
 415     1 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 1.5K     6 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 609     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I'm aware of that...I just don't like it, and many others--like the car-driving business types who provide the city with bread and butter by filling those office towers--don't either. Only the loud inner-city lefties like the plan.
Oh, you are going to be popular here, my friend :)

It's not because of the street width
Yes, it is.

Transportfan, that Wasaga Beach in your location avatar makes sense now.
superslamfullxm4.jpg

Well, not to back up Transportfan's assertions that the problem is our narrow streets, but yeah, our streets are a bit narrow. On the whole. Mostly. Not Spadina.

Well, not to back up Transportfan's assertions that the problem is our narrow streets, but yeah, our streets are a bit narrow. On the whole. Mostly. Not Spadina.

I agree with Transportfan and Interchange 42... our street ROEs (pre-WWII) are relatively narrow in comparison to other jurisdictions around the world.

Today I noticed Milestones has its signage up. Is that new? So far they have two little signs on either side of the Future Shop sign/ticker at the corner

I think TL Square is a tremendous wasted opportunity. It should have a large office tower on the top IMO - something in the range of 800 feet. This would:

-mean that there would be less unsightly exposed concrete that you can see from certain vantage points (from the north and west)

-give a "mid-downtown" focal point to the skyline

-thousands of additional office workers in the area would, I feel, add something to the square during weekday lunches. it would also be great for the new restaurants in the complex

And no would could complain that it would cast a shadow over the square, because it's on the north side.

On a personal note, I saw Iron Man there a few weeks ago, and there couldn't have been more than 10-12 people in the entire theatre.

Johnny Rockets installed their sign.

Chipotle opens next week.

AMC, food court, Jack Astor's and Milestones were jammed last night.

I think TL Square is a tremendous wasted opportunity. It should have a large office tower on the top IMO - something in the range of 800 feet. This would:

-mean that there would be less unsightly exposed concrete that you can see from certain vantage points (from the north and west)

-give a "mid-downtown" focal point to the skyline

-thousands of additional office workers in the area would, I feel, add something to the square during weekday lunches. it would also be great for the new restaurants in the complex

And no would could complain that it would cast a shadow over the square, because it's on the north side.

On a personal note, I saw Iron Man there a few weeks ago, and there couldn't have been more than 10-12 people in the entire theatre.

I agree, I made that observation last year. Office, or condo & hotel complex...
Perhaps with this configuration AMC can add 3 or 4 IMAX screens on the 8th level ;)

To me it still comes across as a run of the mill mall area which would be expected in any big city. It still seems to lack the 'urban room' that was envisioned by the designers. Indeed it lacks anything that would distinguih it from anything anywhere. As feared, it has turned out to be neither one thing or the other- it's not aesthetically pleasing nor is it spectacular in any over-the-top way.

To me it still comes across as a run of the mill mall area which would be expected in any big city.
Are malls something you really find in other big cities, though? I thought the whole urban mall concept was somewhat unique to Toronto. I agree with the rest, though.

What other city has a mall area? - I think Toronto is the only city in the NA (maybe the world) with 3 malls on one intersection... and then a public plaza to boot.

considering the movies that amc has playing, scotiabank is doing quite fine.

Back