News   Jun 21, 2024
 246     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 408     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
It made such a nice change to Yonge Street in the summer, we thought the pedestrian mall would return every year - just as some probably assumed the recent run of Celebrate Toronto street festivals would last. One day, when Nuit Blanche and Luminato have bitten the dust, we'll look back on them fondly, too. Enjoy while you can.

I imagine Jack Astor's will be installing the glass wall railing too. They have started to remove grey cladding for a new (permanent) Jack Astor's sign.

The view from Milestone's patio is stunning. The glass wall railing adds a heightened class. The stained patio wood flooring is pleasing. The patio is long and extensive. Good job!

Looks like Chipotle's could be opening any day now. The seating is installed.

I also noticed Toronto Life Square has removed a lot of their "leasing opportunities" signs. I wonder if new leases have been signed?

It made such a nice change to Yonge Street in the summer, we thought the pedestrian mall would return every year - just as some probably assumed the recent run of Celebrate Toronto street festivals would last. One day, when Nuit Blanche and Luminato have bitten the dust, we'll look back on them fondly, too. Enjoy while you can.

Sorry but picnic tables in the middle of Yonge Street isn't exactly Champs-Elysées. Sounds like a cheap gimmicky idea a small town would try to "revitalize" their dying downtown.

Pedestrian malls aren't all they are cracked up to be. Have you ever visited Sparks Street in downtown Ottawa after 5:00 PM?

No way! Who wants a 2-lane pipsqueak street for a main drag for a large city? Doesn't anyone here realize that the famous streets of the world's great cities are WIDE? Broadway? 5th Avenue?

For someone with the name Transportfan, you seem to be blithely unaware of Toronto's general shift from a city which embraces the car, to one which focuses more on the pedestrian. A narrowed Yonge st. would be a welcome addition to this program.

Ps. Noone knows wide streets like the North Koreans....

274595030_4f1bf2be37.jpg

Changwang_Street_in_Pyongyang.jpg

See how nice and inviting those 'avenues' are?

I wonder if Jack Astor's is going to get a boring sign that just says "JACK ASTORS" in big, bold backlit letters, or if they'll be allowed to use their standard trademark signage.

I'm also surprised they're setting up a new signage area and not filling in the other half of the Shoppers Drug Mart bracket.

Sort of TLS/YDS related, I noticed today that the pedestrian scramble signs have been installed. Each one is still covered with a piece of tarp or something, but they are in place.

For someone with the name Transportfan, you seem to be blithely unaware of Toronto's general shift from a city which embraces the car, to one which focuses more on the pedestrian. A narrowed Yonge st. would be a welcome addition to this program.

I'm aware of that...I just don't like it, and many others--like the car-driving business types who provide the city with bread and butter by filling those office towers--don't either. Only the loud inner-city lefties like the plan.

Ps. Noone knows wide streets like the North Koreans....

274595030_4f1bf2be37.jpg

Changwang_Street_in_Pyongyang.jpg

See how nice and inviting those 'avenues' are?

It's not because of the street width, but because of the bleakness of the area.

Back