News   Jul 25, 2024
 186     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 726     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
look at dundas from bay to Yonge.

Its busy all day long all the time and with many people.

Yonge street is seeing a lot of gentrification really.

Well the massive HD screen is up and running. Walking back from the Dome tonight up Bay St, I couldn't help but feel I was walking into the centre of the sun when I looked over down Dundas towards TLS. The screen illuminated the entire street (reflected well off the Ryerson School of Business facade which then reflected off the Atrium windows). The screen was advertising what is to come at Metropolis: Toronto Life Square, including logos for Adidias and Shoppers Drug Mart. The tiny screens were only showing light blue to match the background of the advertisments.

The place is only going to get brighter. I wonder if people moving into 2 City Hall will want to face east, or north.

Alleen's Windows & Wall Coverings Ltd. are likely to see a sales surge to residents on the north side of the Pantages tower looking to buy blackout blinds :D

From where I live, the windows of Pantages tower glow & flash reflected & flickering light at night as it is!

I don't know if this is for good, but tonight the video board was on and showing some commercials.

I really like the screen however the monitors on the side make it look really cheap, they serve no purpose at all.

So I had to get a few pics,

DSC_1048.jpg

DSC_1050.jpg

DSC_1052.jpg

DSC_1053.jpg

DSC_1054.jpg

DSC_1059.jpg

Thanks,
Paul

Bravo, tres cool! My only criticism is I'm troubled by the angled panels on the right side, they're not spaced consistently and it's quite noticeable.

I don't quite get the spacing of the surrounding mini-screens either, but I think they add a lot to the total presentation. They'll be able to use them in countless ways to attract the eye and add lots of dazzle, and they make the whole thing unique and memorable. When you have a whole square full of signs, you're going to want to be advertising on the one that attracts the most attention.

Based on the quality of the signs at Times Square in New York, I am hoping that a number of the coming backlit posters are replaced bit-by-bit by more interesting signs made of various materials. More neon please! More moving parts!

Poor "little" LG tower is looking old and outdated now.

That spacing issue bothers me too. I don't think they'll fix it though. It looks like it's permanent.

I love that screen. I hope that they play Leafs playoff games when the next make the playoffs (most likely in 2014). Would also be great is AMC sponsored community screenings of classic movies to be watched from the square. Although that likely traffic pile-up will probably ensure that it will never happen.

Does anyone know if there are speakers or an audio component to the screen or is it just video?

the quality of the picture is so high. just incredible. can't wait to see this in person.

While I know there are not, all the photos taken of images on the screen look like they are faked with Photoshop.

Back