News   Jul 25, 2024
 25     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 210     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 344     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Wow, that's excellent. I much prefer that store to the Yonge/Davenport location but whenever I'm in the Bay/Dundas store (which is often because I'm a Canuk Tire junkie too!) it doesn't seem that busy.

Yea its quite funny because I thought the same thing. The company Bay & Dundas uses for loss prevention is the same company my store uses, and I have talked to some of the guys who work both stores, they all say its pretty dead. I have noticed many people with Canadian Tire bags downtown and on the subway though, so they must be getting traffic.

It would be great if Ryerson or another big retailer/restaurant bought the old Future Shop/SAM's properties and redeveloped whole the site. The corner is an embarrassment for the city - big empty for lease buildings near the busiest intersection in Canada!

It would be great if Ryerson or another big retailer/restaurant bought the old Future Shop/SAM's properties and redeveloped whole the site. The corner is an embarrassment for the city - big empty for lease buildings near the busiest intersection in Canada!

Ryerson should buy the whole block and tear everything down for the exception of 2 buildings. One at Gerrard and the other 3 story building been use for the Hulk movie as a movie theater of all things when it was one at one time. The rest can go. Retaining the exterior of those 3 building is find.

What Ryerson should do is build a 3 story building with retail reflecting other version of that 3 story building and do a step back full block building that will not only house future needs for it as well residential and office space.

Sorry, but SAM got to go.

It would be great if Ryerson or another big retailer/restaurant bought the old Future Shop/SAM's properties and redeveloped whole the site. The corner is an embarrassment for the city!

I'd say the whole Yonge St. strip south of Bloor all the way down to Obnoxiously Big Flashy Sign Dundas Mish Mash Square is pretty much an embarrassment to the city. Sam's was actually the only unique thing on that strip.

I'd love to keep that Apollo Theater there.

That building needs to stay, or the face of it.

It adds something to the street and sad to say there were a number of theaters there at one time looking at old photos. One existed where Dundas Sq stands now and one at Gerrard.

DT, I was referring to the entrance way and surroundings.

I like the idea of the music museum for the Sony Centre. Seems like a good fit in all regards. Scrap the 'multicultural' museum - just what is that anyway? - as nobody will care about it and it will likely go the way of the Olympic Centre pretty fast.

Actually, even without the Apollo sign, the Zanzibar's facade is just about the zippiest thing on Yonge (Sam's included)

I'd say the whole Yonge St. strip south of Bloor all the way down to Obnoxiously Big Flashy Sign Dundas Mish Mash Square is pretty much an embarrassment to the city. Sam's was actually the only unique thing on that strip.

I love Yonge Street from Bloor right on down to Front Street, it's loaded with character and tons of unique shops & services. What I don't like so much is the quality of some of the businesses (a few too many junk stores mostly). Yonge Street from Dundas to Queen has undergone tremendous change in the past 5 or 6 years since the Eaton Centre was "opened up" somewhat. Many of the building's facades have been repaired and cleaned up as new quality retail has moved into the properties on the east side of Yonge across from Eaton Centre. Once Toronto Life Square fully opens (including the AMC cinemas in the spring) and turns into the madhouse I predict it to be, we'll see the strip up to Gerrard re-gentrified as the area attracts so many more people with shopping dollars. The same will happen in the Yonge/Bloor area in years to come once 1 Bloor East opens up and Yorkville expands eastward. Finally I believe the Yonge & College/Carlton area down to Gerrard will benefit much the same way once Aura is complete.

Maybe I'm dreaming but I really believe downtown Yonge Street will go through a lot of positive changes in the next 3 to 5 years.

Well the massive HD screen is up and running. Walking back from the Dome tonight up Bay St, I couldn't help but feel I was walking into the centre of the sun when I looked over down Dundas towards TLS. The screen illuminated the entire street (reflected well off the Ryerson School of Business facade which then reflected off the Atrium windows). The screen was advertising what is to come at Metropolis: Toronto Life Square, including logos for Adidias and Shoppers Drug Mart. The tiny screens were only showing light blue to match the background of the advertisments.

The place is only going to get brighter. I wonder if people moving into 2 City Hall will want to face east, or north.

Well the massive HD screen is up and running. Walking back from the Dome tonight up Bay St, I couldn't help but feel I was walking into the centre of the sun when I looked over down Dundas towards TLS. The screen illuminated the entire street (reflected well off the Ryerson School of Business facade which then reflected off the Atrium windows). The screen was advertising what is to come at Metropolis: Toronto Life Square, including logos for Adidias and Shoppers Drug Mart. The tiny screens were only showing light blue to match the background of the advertisments.

The place is only going to get brighter. I wonder if people moving into 2 City Hall will want to face east, or north.

I like the idea that its not an ad they are playing, but a vision of whats to come. I hope its playing tomorrow!

Finally I believe the Yonge & College/Carlton area down to Gerrard will benefit much the same way once Aura is complete.

Maybe I'm dreaming but I really believe downtown Yonge Street will go through a lot of positive changes in the next 3 to 5 years.

I think you are absolutely right. I hate to say it, but I think the catalyst for all this change (or will prove to be) the shooting that took place last boxing day. The stigma attached to that has probably shaken up a lot of people to want to make this place better. That combined with the increased investments (College Park, Pantages, The Met, etc) and Ryerson's master plan will all work to open up Yonge and make the street less seedy. How long ago was it that the Eaton Centre opened up the west wide of Yonge so that stores could open to the street? That one major change lit up Yonge, south of Dundas and helped to make the street less dark and scary for the average pedestrian.

Back