News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 451     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Re: PCL: Metropolis Update June 1/06

Will people really go to Metropolis/Dundas Square to buy qtips at Shoppers? Sounds like Penequity will get this one all wrong too. Any bets now when Metropolis will close?

The Cdn Music Hall of Fame info has been very specifically removed from the leasing package, so, yes, it's gone.

The Shoppers Drug Mart should be fine - it's at subway level, not far from the station access. That should provide lots of customers who aren't necessarily going to Dundas Square for Q-tips, but who may be there anyway and discover that their ears are waxy.

Will people really go to Metropolis/Dundas Square to buy qtips at Shoppers?

People don't really go to the Eaton Centre to buy qtips either but there is a large Shoppers there as well. Which makes you think that the Eaton Centre location will close as soon as Metropolis is open.
Being in Metropolis might give Shoppers the option to be open during non-standard mall hours. Could be a good deal for locals.

My source at CARAS has confirmed The Music Hall Of Fame will not be located in Metropolis.

I hear that the torch is free now...

"Will people really go to Metropolis/Dundas Square to buy qtips at Shoppers?"

Yes, they will...and Shoppers sells a heck of a lot more than qtips, anyway. From the entrance via Dundas station, Shoppers will be just about the first store they see, and it appears both the up and down escalators are right in front of the store, too. It's hard to say exactly how much Dundas station traffic will flow through Metropolis, though.

People don't really go to the Eaton Centre to buy qtips either but there is a large Shoppers there as well.

Living only a few blocks away, the Eaton Centre is my local mall - and one of the only reasons why I ever go there is for the Shoppers.

My source at CARAS has confirmed The Music Hall Of Fame will not be located in Metropolis.

I'm amazed the media haven't picked up on this yet. Ed, did your source mention where it's going to be located?

surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but there's cladding up on metropolis now. there's a bunch of glass in along the yonge and dundas frontages. too soon to really say anything at all about it

Pics, pics!

Yonge and Dundas is more than a tourist destination, lots of people live in the area and drug stores are always useful to have around.

Tourists love drug stores, too...

Especially American seniors.

re: Glazing

The colour of the glass (isn't that what you wanted to know?) is dark smokey green.

AoD

I'm surprised at the lack of tennants for the Yonge Street frontages. Wouldn't retailers want to have spots on Yonge Street??

As for the Dundas & Victoria spot, I'm not surprised they haven't gotten anything yet. It's very oddly shaped. What can you even do with something like that? It's not even attached to the rest of the below ground concourse.

i actually would have said the glass was the same colour as what's on the torch, but then i only got a good look at the dundas frontage, and i can never tell until there's a pretty good sized patch of glass in place

I'd prefer it if Metropolis and/or Torch were painted a bright bold colour - like red perhaps.

Back