News   Mar 28, 2024
 59     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 267     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 640     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

It's just the next step in progression (digression?). They've been understaffing the counter for years in favour of the drive-thru.

It's pretty much a rule that any fast food outlet with a drive-thru will prioritize it over walk-in customers - this is not restricted to Tim's at all.

AoD

It's pretty much a rule that any fast food outlet with a drive-thru will prioritize it over walk-in customers - this is not restricted to Tim's at all.

AoD

That's true unfortunately. I love McDonald's coffee, but for walk in service, it can be painfully slow. A couple of times i had to flag down an employee to pour me a cup of black coffee. They should make a self serve McCafe coffee station. i could be in and out in less than a minute.

'It's a long time coming': Tim Hortons' roll up the rim contest goes digital

February 16, 2021

One of Canada’s most recognized marketing campaigns is going fully digital as Tim Hortons swaps out printed messages under rolled up coffee rims for scanning a loyalty card or app.

The chain’s annual spring prize contest is now simply Roll up to Win – rather than Roll Up The Rim To Win – eliminating the fiddly work of rolling up a coffee cup rim with your hands or teeth to reveal a message like “win doughnut.”

Customers will now scan the Tim Hortons app on their smartphone at the time of purchase to earn a "roll" that could reveal a prize like “free doughnut,” or scan a loyalty card and later log into the contest’s website to see the rolls and prizes they've earned.

“This is such an iconic game,” said Hope Bagozzi, Tim Hortons chief marketing officer in an interview. “Even though it's changing, we think it's evolving to be even stronger and we hope guests will love it in its new iteration.”

Tim Hortons has added new menu items to the campaign, with cold beverages and breakfast sandwiches now eligible for prizes in addition to hot drinks.

The usual prize pool of free coffees, doughnuts, electronics and vehicles has also been expanded to include subscriptions to streaming services and reusable mugs – part of the company’s efforts to increase the sustainability of the contest.

Indeed, the new digital contest addresses past criticism that even customers with reusable mugs had to take a paper cup in order to play.

Meanwhile, Tim Hortons has retired the dreaded “please play again” message. Instead, the company said every roll is a winner, including reward points that can be collected and redeemed for almost anything you can buy at the fast-food restaurant.

'It's a long time coming': Tim Hortons' roll up the rim contest goes digital

February 16, 2021

I find the Tims app to be clunky and not quite user friendly. I doubt many people will use it to roll up the rim.

My feeling is that people will not remember to open the app or scan their card to activate a troll.

So.......

In the course of my walk yesterday, I walked past (not into) a Tim's...........

But I observed a poster/ad facing out that caught my attention.

"Hot! Hot! Hot!" it reads..........."We serve Hot Doughnuts".......

This just put an amused expression on my face............

They didn't say (and likely didn't mean) freshly baked............

And I'm thinking............

That's the problem............you didn't realize 'nuking' them doesn't count......

I assume this is part of a new promotion.........

So.......

That's the problem............you didn't realize 'nuking' them doesn't count......

Egads! Nuking a donut?!

So.......

I thought they were back to basics. Clearly not!

AoD

I actually like the digital ROTR format over a germy paper cup reveal. I won two of those reusable cups and 20 bucks off some Skullcandy wireless earbuds!

So.......

Weird, there seems to be zero promotion regarding this on the internet.

Back