Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
Well, I just think that certain developers, given their trackrecord, shouldn't be allowed to build south of the 401, like Conservatory Group and Pemberton. And as a member of the public and not a potential purchaser, I couldn't care less about the quality of interior finishes.

Two pieces of heavy equipment are now on site (parked on the ramp near the gas station). Looks like demolition of the parking structure is about to start. Two sales staff at the office told me that excavation is underway. Finally! I think this building will be a nice addition to the neighbourhood.

Hey, I celebrate every time a surface parking lot disappears (e.g., northwest corner of Gerrard and Yonge). Attention developers, there's a number on Church Street that are available. :)

Last edited:
Two pieces of heavy equipment are now on site (parked on the ramp near the gas station). Looks like demolition of the parking structure is about to start.

That's good to hear. I'm not a fan of the design but I am a fan of density and it will extend the downtown north.

Equipment is on site, this parking lot should be gone in the next few weeks.

milanjan.jpg

A very nice man named Alex worked in that parking booth. I would park there when I had work in the area over the past 15 years or so. He would always give me high fives as I passed his check point. I hope he got a new gig.

One less parking lot is always good, but I wish projects that replace parking would have some public pay parking as a requirement to proceed, even if it is just one level. It's getting harder and harder to find parking downtown, not that I'm dumb enough to drive all that much in the core.

I can think of at least four large public parking lots within an easy walking distance of this building - on Hayden, the two in Yorkville and the Manulife Centre. Do we *really* need more public parking lots?

one level wouldn't hurt, especially in that area...how many more chances are there going to be to put in parking? not many, and that church elbow is a busy (i.e. perfect) place to sell some.

Southbound from Rosedale

Here a shot of what the site looks like today from the subway. We can see the X and Casa in the Skyline.

Come back in 5 years or before the last T1 is removed off the line to get an update of the changing skyline.

Not a good day to do this, but better than nothing at all.
[video=youtube;nPkCjUnX6fY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPkCjUnX6fY[/video]

I can think of at least four large public parking lots within an easy walking distance of this building - on Hayden, the two in Yorkville and the Manulife Centre. Do we *really* need more public parking lots?

Yes, yes we do. I wouldn't consider any that you listen to be within "easy walking distance" to Milan's location. All except the garage on Yorkville Ave. just east of Bay are at least 10 min walk away. I was talking about the downtown core in general anyway, not just this area. Parking lots are disappearing quickly, and sometimes you can't avoid driving. You have to have a place to put your car...

I dont think you'll get much support on that argument of not enough parking lots. How well do you know downtown anyway? Remember, there's loads of underground parking and above ground parking garages. It all depends how much you want to pay.

There's enough parking now, but my point is that lots are disappearing quickly. I'm more concerned with people who come from outside of Toronto to see shows, sporting events, etc. rather than us locals. I think it's valid thing to be worried about.

Back