News   Apr 24, 2024
 600     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 822     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 543     0 

Target

Will there be any stores in/near downtown, or they only serve the SUV driving suburbs?

Eager to check out the home section. But, other than that: meh. Not even going to bother with the men's dept as they are almost always crap. But, I've heard positive things about the furniture and linen, etc.

Was at the Milton store this morning. It's absolutely identical in layout to a US store. Products are virtually the same as well.

Did it have a Starbucks? You been in one Target you have been in them all.

Sq One is schedule to open in about 2 weeks, but before the end of March.

Grand opening will be in April.

Toronto Start article: Target misses the bullseye "Men's department is a yawn..." No surprise there. Time will tell if they stock up on more items. I'm only interested in the home section, personally.

These are soft openings and not the official grand one. They are intended to work out any potential kinks in the customer service protocol and train the employees. As such I'm not surprised with the complaints about the sparse stock levels or lack of check-out personnel.

I spoke to some others at work today and it seems like Target's rush to open really did more damage than good to their reputation. In our company, no store would be allowed to open in that condition. The number of people who walked in and walked out with nothing showed that many people were not impressed with what they saw. Why take a chance of upsetting so many potential customers, and especially the media? These stores should have been 100% complete before opening, or at least look completed to customers. Apparently so many sections were randomly merchandised, and there was so much peg board and empty space throughout the store.

The joke we use is "We don't sell pegboard". If you can see peg board, something is wrong.

Back