News   May 10, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Target

Maybe it's because I lived in the U.S. and know what Target offers, but I can't for the life of me understand what all the excitement is about. Target is easily one of the most boring stores in the universe - though their ads are great.

Brookstone, now that'd be fun.

Target is like Walmart. Only cleaner and I also didn't see anyone shopping in their pyjama bottoms like i see at Walmart all the time.

I think the big deal for many is that thousands of Zeller's employees were let go. Add to that the fact that yet another Canuck department store bit the dust, people were expecting something amazing instead of meh. We'll see how the ones in suburban Toronto are (East York, Etobicoke) when they open.

Looks like I will spending even less time at these store than Zellers.

I rarely visit Target in the States unless there is a real good sale on or I need something quick. Otherwise, at Walmart, Kmart or the many other places I have come upon during my travels.

If people think there are going to get better deals with Target, they are dreaming, but have to wait to see Sq One first to see how right I am.

Business come and go because no one wants to support it, as well garbage being sold there in the first place.

Toronto Start article: Target misses the bullseye "Men's department is a yawn..." No surprise there. Time will tell if they stock up on more items. I'm only interested in the home section, personally.
What an awfully sarcastic article. I'll wait and form my own opinion. I'm not expecting amazing deals right away. I am expecting their stores to affect our market gradually however.

It was a pretty awful article. He thinks Guelph, Fergus and Milton is part of the GTA :rolleyes: lol

Target is like Walmart. Only cleaner and I also didn't see anyone shopping in their pyjama bottoms like i see at Walmart all the time.

Target offers name-brand designers though, or at least the American version did/does. Yes, we've blown it out of proportion but probably because the retail scene here is so dismal... and no, Zellers or Walmart are nothing like Target.

Target offers name-brand designers though, or at least the American version did/does. Yes, we've blown it out of proportion but probably because the retail scene here is so dismal... and no, Zellers or Walmart are nothing like Target.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. When I've been to Target stores, I can obviously tell the differences between them and Zellers and Wal-Mart respectively, but they are not particularly huge differences in my view. I like Target better than the other two, but I never particularly liked Zellers or Wal-Mart, so that bar isn't particularly high. The three are much the same thing in my opinion.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. When I've been to Target stores, I can obviously tell the differences between them and Zellers and Wal-Mart respectively, but they are not particularly huge differences in my view. I like Target better than the other two, but I never particularly liked Zellers or Wal-Mart, so that bar isn't particularly high. The three are much the same thing in my opinion.

Walmart is not supposed to be nice as it is all about low cost attracting specific budget conscient consumers. The whole "shopping experience" thing doesn't matter.
Zellers on the other hand is never positioned well. Aren't they supposed to be budget retail? but they are not cheap, if you consider them as a regular retailer, it looks like a mess. It will only be bankrupt or acquired.

Target (at least the Americans ones) are so much better than both.

One thing that always impressed me about Target in the states was how bright and clean it was, compared to Zellers and Walmart.

Sq One store as of March 10

They removed the 2nd floor for the indent area that was the restaurant in Zellers for some reason.
8553144602_a53b003b14_b.jpg

Back