News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

Im going to say its a new supertall proposal fronting the rail corridor at the rear of The Dominion Public Bldg-1 Front West

Where the GO bus terminal is now? I assume that this plot would be available after the bus terminal moves to a different location. (45 Bay seems to be the most likely location for this.) Just think, this "massive" development would be right across the tracks from the 45 Bay development, which is also likely to be very tall. Shades of Hudson Yards!

On top of the MTCC North Building would be nice.. lots of engineering though, probably easier to start over. Something very tall and very wide could fit there.

Probably a bad guess but.. Exchange tower's podium? or the mid rise between it and FCP's podium on the south side of Adelaide

On top of the MTCC North Building would be nice.. lots of engineering though, probably easier to start over. Something very tall and very wide could fit there.

But this was talked about last month, a speculated Brookfield or Oxford project (whoever is working on the West Side railyards project in NY)

Oh? I didn't see that -- Oxford owns MTCC now so it would make sense

Yes it was a tantalizing discusion - something supposedly very, very large perhaps even covering up some of the tracks and rebuilding/expanding the convention centre as part of it.

I honestly see a supertall coming to the financial district in the next 10 years, considering there aren't any real height restrictions there, (only shadow concerns to NPS), i'm thinking in the Financial District around York/Adelaide. something sleek, and crazy tall :)

- just random speculation,

and regarding all this talk on where it would be, i doubt this thing is near Bay/King., although upon further examination, the TD Centre podium @ Bay/King IS huge lol

It might be this. The Financial Post is reporting that Oxford might be moving ahead with a 900k square foot tower in the area of the Concourse Building at 100 Adelaide West. The tenants at 100 Adelaide have been given lease termination notices.

I hope whatever they build incorporates the existing structure somehow--and in a much more sympathetic way than this diagram illustrates.

Back