News   Apr 23, 2024
 85     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

Dont really know if there is any truth here, at one time there was even rumour it would be at 1 Yonge St. (that severed land north of the Star bldg).

Perhaps it will be a three tower set, Synergy, followed by Leverage, and Paradigm towers! They guys who make up these condo project names crack me up!

Six Sigma is next.

Who the hell thought naming condos after overused business buzz-words was a good idea?

How is the word sigma used in business? To me greek letters are more associated with math and science and science fiction than business.

How is the word sigma used in business? To me greek letters are more associated with math and science and science fiction than business.

Lean six sigma... used to eliminate waste and duplication in workplaces everywhere. Im in the process of implementing it in my office now and it has given us so many 'why wasn't this done before?' moments.

Six sigma doesn't work though. It's great on paper--or maybe in Japan, but in NA rarely works. Every time I've been part of SS implementation the company closes up shop or goes under. (I think if a brand new company with new employees used it from the start, it would work. But given the nature of humans to unwillingly accept change, existing businesses struggle with the concept. Also I think it works best in countries like Japan or Korea where everyone comes from the same cultural/linguistic background.)

Last edited:
Six sigma doesn't work though. It's great on paper--or maybe in Japan, but in NA rarely works. Every time I've been part of SS implementation the company closes up shop or goes under. (I think if a brand new company with new employees used it from the start, it would work. But given the nature of humans to unwillingly accept change, existing businesses struggle with the concept. Also I think it works best in countries like Japan or Korea where everyone comes from the same cultural/linguistic background.)

It has worked incredibly well for us. The amount of time we have saved has allowed us to go from a team of 8 to 4 without any issues. It has worked so well, that we are now in the process of using it to make other processes more efficient. I can see how people would struggle with the change, especially where jobs would be lost. If your company is unwilling to accept change, or slow to adapt, there is no way you will make it in today's world... with or without six sigma so I wouldn't blame the process for that.

not allowed to say anything more than this, so don't ask, but something HUGE is coming to the downtown core.. but not supertall huge. (probably one of dozens of projects on the go right now, but this is the first/only one I have ever had insider knowledge of.)

Last edited:

Back