News   Sep 24, 2021
 356     1 
News   Sep 24, 2021
 687     3 
News   Sep 24, 2021
 604     0 

Sunday St. Lawrence Antique Market. Anyone here go? Any tales of great "finds"?

freshcutgrass

Member Bio
Reaction score
Nice find...the market is an excellent source for collectable ceramics & glass. I went home basically empty-handed from the Market this Sunday, except for the commemorative plastic piggy-bank in the shape of Scotia Plaza ($6).

The previous week I got a Michael Graves for Alessi mantle clock from the 80's.

Urban Shocker

Doyenne
Member Bio
Reaction score
Ha! I overheard someone, last Sunday, telling one of the dealers ( that woman at the south end who sells the Modernist jewellery, ceramics etc., I think ... ) that he'd bought a plastic piggy-bank in the shape of Scotia Plaza!

I have a vague recollection of what you look like.

Irishmonk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was there a couple of weekends ago looking for a present for my Mom's 70th. I stumbled upon the booth of a hippyesque artist/jeweller - I think he calls his work "eccentrartic" or something to that effect - and found a pendant made from horseshoe nails fashioned into the shape of...a horse. Which was perfect because my Mom is a horse nut who owns a rescued thoroughbred. Needless to say she was delighted.

freshcutgrass

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ha! I overheard someone, last Sunday, telling one of the dealers ( that woman at the south end who sells the Modernist jewellery, ceramics etc., I think ... ) that he'd bought a plastic piggy-bank in the shape of Scotia Plaza!

That's my pal Samantha (and a great source for Finnish glass)

I have a vague recollection of what you look like.

It's best that way....I don't look so great rolling out of bed at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning.

If you're a regular, then I will surely recognize you. Give me a clue.

Mustapha

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was there a couple of weekends ago looking for a present for my Mom's 70th. I stumbled upon the booth of a hippyesque artist/jeweller - I think he calls his work "eccentrartic" or something to that effect - and found a pendant made from horseshoe nails fashioned into the shape of...a horse. Which was perfect because my Mom is a horse nut who owns a rescued thoroughbred. Needless to say she was delighted.

That would be 'Biff'. Nice man. Wearable art.

Adam Worth

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know who you're talking about. I really like the ceramic pieces of art made by this artist. I have a few...I might upload some photos.
Have a great day!

Urban Shocker

Doyenne
Member Bio
Reaction score
* For $10: a transfer printed and hand-painted ceramic tile ( circa 1875 ) designed by Walter Crane for Maw & Co., from his Nursery Rhyme series.

* For $40: a small, oak framed wall mirror with an arched top and beveled glass ( circa 1920s ), for the entrance hall of the Summer Palace.

freshcutgrass

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yea...saw that. It's nice when new vendors show up with something completely new.

I also went to the new flea at the Junction. Smaller, but quite good.

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
What's everyone's take on the "firing / relocation" of the general manager at the St. Lawrence market. Seems like there is a lot of controversy over the matter, not sure what the city is attempting to do here ?