Sugar Wharf Condominiums, Phase 1 (Menkes) - Real Estate -

I doubt sales for phase 2 will wait for phase 1 to occupy. I imagine Phase 2 sales could start as soon as next year, considering phase 1 will most likely be sold out by the holidays.

The first tower is already sold out and I believe sales for the second tower started in late June but I'm not sure if the whole tower has been released for sale.

While personally I'd be happy to see the Phase 2 towers rise sooner rather than later, I think you're incorrect that Phase 2 sales will start soon for a practical reason: Phase 2 requires destruction of the current LCBO offices, therefore it can't start until those offices are moved to the new office at 100 Queens Quay, and those offices aren't due to open until 2021-ish. Therefore I'd imagine sales of Phase 2 can't start until 2021-ish (unless people are willing to purchase pre-construction condos ~7 years before they're built, which is probably unrealistic).

Does anyone know starting from which floor in the East Tower can get an obstructed view of the lake (bypassing the 100 Queens Quay)?

Menkes added a "virtual reality" feature on their website and they show the views from the 40th floor to 65.
Keep in mind though these things are not super accurate but gives you an idea > http://www.menkes.com/sugar-wharf/virtual-reality/
Based on the surroundings, those views are from Summer 2017. So really not accurate at all anymore.
If anyone really wants to know if 40 is clear of the office tower, the only way is to download the architectural plans for SW Phase 1 and 100 Queens Quay, and see if the 40th floor is a higher elevation than the 25th of the office tower.

Based on the surroundings, those views are from Summer 2017. So really not accurate at all anymore.
If anyone really wants to know if 40 is clear of the office tower, the only way is to download the architectural plans for SW Phase 1 and 100 Queens Quay, and see if the 40th floor is a higher elevation than the 25th of the office tower.
38th floor looking at the plans. The office tower is 118m tall to the uppermost parapet, and the 38th floor sits at an elevation of 120m. The 37th floor is at 117m so technically your head would be just over the office tower when standing and looking out the window, but probably not enough for it to be noticeable.

This is also the 38th physical floor outlined in the drawings, not necessarily the 38th floor as it would be sold. The number would likely be higher depending if they skipped any floor numbers (i.e. floor 13).

38th floor looking at the plans. The office tower is 118m tall to the uppermost parapet, and the 38th floor sits at an elevation of 120m. The 37th floor is at 117m so technically your head would be just over the office tower when standing and looking out the window, but probably not enough for it to be noticeable.

This is also the 38th physical floor outlined in the drawings, not necessarily the 38th floor as it would be sold. The number would likely be higher depending if they skipped any floor numbers (i.e. floor 13).
That's really a good point. When I signed the papers, I noticed in the agreement unit 36XX is actually on level 29.

Hi, I would like to ask you guys in what year you think the west tower will be completed.
I understand it is scheduled to be completed next year but I would like to know what you think about it..

Hi, I would like to ask you guys in what year you think the west tower will be completed.
I understand it is scheduled to be completed next year but I would like to know what you think about it..
The westernmost tower on this development?

that would be completed the same time as the whole building. Probably won't be ready for occupation any time before 2023 at best

if you were referring to the western towers that are a part of the second phase of this development, it won't be done until at least 2030

The westernmost tower on this development?

that would be completed the same time as the whole building. Probably won't be ready for occupation any time before 2023 at best

if you were referring to the western towers that are a part of the second phase of this development, it won't be done until at least 2030

Huh? First of all, different parts of condo developments can take occupancy at different times. Secondly, what is your source on the 2030 date?

I mean, 2030 could be taking into account the inevitable heat death of Canada's housing market (yes, it will happen, and yes, it will be very bad). But as an estimated date according to what Menkes would currently tell you, 2030 is way too late. Agreed that 2026-7 is more realistic if we're thinking in those terms.

Back