Sugar Wharf Condominiums, Phase 1 (Menkes) - Real Estate -

I find it hard to see occupancy as soon as Menkes say (except maybe on a few lower floors) - unless summer means mid-September and fall December 20th The East tower has not yet topped out (I think at least 6 more floors to go) and the west one is much further from it.

My uncle has a unit on 20+ floor on the S/E corner of the east tower, am wondering the unit should have a clear waterview? From google maps it looks like it will be overlooking the loblaws but should have a clear water view.

My uncle has a unit on 20+ floor on the S/E corner of the east tower, am wondering the unit should have a clear waterview? From google maps it looks like it will be overlooking the loblaws but should have a clear water view.
you need to be on the 40+ floor for a clear water view (was I was told when in the sales centre). He'll get some water, but def not a clear view. The LCBO building tops around Sugar's 40th floor. Remember, the office tower has high ceilings, so even though they have less floors, the building is quite tall.

He'll also have to worry about when the condos go up just east of him (the Loblaws site will be replaced). He will be completely blocked in with a S/E view on the 20th floor.

I find it hard to see occupancy as soon as Menkes say (except maybe on a few lower floors) - unless summer means mid-September and fall December 20th The East tower has not yet topped out (I think at least 6 more floors to go) and the west one is much further from it.
have any of the July 2022 folks gotten an updated tentative occupancy date? no updates yet for Oct 3rd (NW tower).

have any of the July 2022 folks gotten an updated tentative occupancy date? no updates yet for Oct 3rd (NW tower).
I just received a letter dated jun 24, 2022 that they are setting a subsequent tentative occupancy date of March 9, 2023 as a result of the strike that happened in may? which was the change from Oct 2, My unit is in the west tower.

Is anyone else not getting emails instead? i got one email but only after I messaged them because it was getting close to the original occupancy date which was for may 2022? This is also my first letter from them as well.

I just received a letter dated jun 24, 2022 that they are setting a subsequent tentative occupancy date of March 9, 2023 as a result of the strike that happened in may? which was the change from Oct 2, My unit is in the west tower.

Is anyone else not getting emails instead? i got one email but only after I messaged them because it was getting close to the original occupancy date which was for may 2022? This is also my first letter from them as well.
I also got the Mar 9 2023 date in the mail today. No email received despite an email address being next to “Via Email:” at the top of the letter.

Im assuming these are not subject to any kind of rent-control ?
They are usually not allowed to ask for Rent-Increases that would take them beyond the 80% of AMR bands for the duration of the Affordable-Housing agreement with the City.

These year-one (2023) rents are about HALF of what the Market-Rent units will ask for units of those sizes in that building.

They are usually not allowed to ask for Rent-Increases that would take them beyond the 80% of AMR bands for the duration of the Affordable-Housing agreement with the City.

These year-one (2023) rents are about HALF of what the Market-Rent units will ask for units of those sizes in that building.

So in practice, what would that kind of calculation look like for something like a 1 bedroom here for example?

I'm unfamiliar with the allowable rent increases for these type of situations/housing stock.

So in practice, what would that kind of calculation look like for something like a 1 bedroom here for example?

I'm unfamiliar with the allowable rent increases for these type of situations/housing stock.
Each deal is different site-by-site, and the language has become more specific over the years. You would need to go back - and look at what was in the Section-37 for this specific building when it was approved by Council - but in a downtown ward, with a Councillor like Cressy - I expect the language around "Annual Rent Increases" and "Rent Increases on Vacant Units" would be similar to what is in this recent Staff report on the Affordable-Units at 880 DUPONT AVE - http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.TE34.40

1661257687792.png

you need to be on the 40+ floor for a clear water view (was I was told when in the sales centre). He'll get some water, but def not a clear view. The LCBO building tops around Sugar's 40th floor. Remember, the office tower has high ceilings, so even though they have less floors, the building is quite tall.

He'll also have to worry about when the condos go up just east of him (the Loblaws site will be replaced). He will be completely blocked in with a S/E view on the 20th floor.
Hey man, I wonder if you are talking about physical floor level (like story) or unit floor like when they sold to public? Cuz I purchased a unit in 43 floor, which is like 36th level really. Might be on the edge of a clear lakeview?

Hey man, I wonder if you are talking about physical floor level (like story) or unit floor like when they sold to public? Cuz I purchased a unit in 43 floor, which is like 36th level really. Might be on the edge of a clear lakeview?
physical floor, but this is what I was told from sales when I was looking around. But who knows. Fingers crossed for you, I hope you get a clear view :)

Hey any update on when responses will be sent out? I was supposed to be expected for end of October.

Back