News   Mar 28, 2024
 80     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 551     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 356     0 

Starbucks

As a parent of young twins myself, I'll tell you where to take your newborns. First of all, I very strongly believe that the moment my childen infringe on another person's privacy or enjoyment, the kids must go. So, if my kids utter one single scream, they're out of the Starbucks. If my kids talk during movies, they get the quick reply that if they have a question they should save it for afterward, or you're out of the theatre. I fully appreciate that for a lot of folks children should be both NOT seen OR heard. Since if I take them to Starbuck's they're seen, they'd better not be bothering others. Once you have twins, triplets or more, you quickly take a tough, organized and structured approach to raising the kids.

The result of this, is that my kids are happy, cheert kids that can scream and run in the playground, but they know when to tone it down and turn it off.

Your entrance thru the Pearly Gates is assured, and after raising twins, if you end up 'down there' I am sure that won't frighten you! You would probably look forward to the rest by the fire!:D

First of all, I very strongly believe that the moment my childen infringe on another person's privacy or enjoyment, the kids must go. So, if my kids utter one single scream, they're out of the Starbucks. If my kids talk during movies, they get the quick reply that if they have a question they should save it for afterward, or you're out of the theatre.

Nice antitheses to the overly-permissive parents who believe in a child-proof world where anything goes.

Admiral Beez even one child is enough.

My two year old is out the door if she starts disturbing the peace. The thing that some parents don't get is they know exactly what they are doing. And they will push the limits unless you teach them early on that it isn't acceptable.

I commend both of you on your parenting skills. Sadly, I believe yours is in the minority.
In a previous life I ran 2 video stores for over a decade. The horror stories I could tell! Parents would often let the kids run amok in our aisles while they were browsing. We set up a castle and play area in our kids section - to our regret! I was often aghast at a hapless parent negotiating with their 3 year old. Negotiating!

Back to Starbucks: I would walk (yes, WALK) 2 or 3 blocks out of my way not to go to a Starbucks. Their coffee tastes like battery acid and their prices are ridiculous. I prefer Tim Horton's (what do they put in their coffee?), followed by Timothy's.

Chacun son gout. People get passionate about this stuff.

Personally, I find Timothy's tastes like water and regret getting it every time I give it a sip. Tim Horton's is basically undrinkable except in double-double form because the coffee itself is mass-engineered swill designed to appeal to "Real Canadians."

(As in, "I just came from my kid's hockey practice and I had to stop at Timmy's on the way to Canadian Tire. Passed four of them new Starbucks stores too, cuz I need my Timmies!")

I only get it in desperate situations or if I feel like I need a coffee but wanna save the .30-cents more Starbucks costs.

No question, some people find Starbucks over-roasted etc but, by any objective measure, the beans are of a higher-quality than a place like Tim Horton's. Doesn't mean it will taste better for any given individual, clearly.

Acids are sour, coffee isn't....you just don't have good taste.

Haha, nice. But seriously, I completely agree with TJ. Tim's is weak, Timothy's is watery and Starbucks is good quality beans and over-roasted. It is sometimes too acidic, but more often burnt-tasting and over-strong. Once in a while, they get the roasting and brewing right, and it turns into a most excellent cup of coffee.

Haha, nice. But seriously, I completely agree with TJ. Tim's is weak, Timothy's is watery and Starbucks is good quality beans and over-roasted. It is sometimes too acidic, but more often burnt-tasting and over-strong. Once in a while, they get the roasting and brewing right, and it turns into a most excellent cup of coffee.

They get it right a lot more often then those discount places mentioned....then there's second cup, who are also overpriced, but their coffee is horrible. No consistancy, and they're still trying to sell those awful 'flavoured' coffees.

I guess it depends on whether one actually likes the 'taste' of coffee or not. I originally started drinking coffee about 15 years ago (already into my '30s) just for the kick of caffeine. I would have to drown it in cream and sugar to make it pallatable.
Starbucks coffee may very well be 'connoisseur' coffee, but I really don't like the taste of coffee. Lately I am drinking green tea to get off the 'double-double' kick in an attempt not to gain weight.

I absolutely love the taste of coffee, but a few years back, I started getting really ill after drinking coffee.
Nobody can tell me why this happens, so now I can't even drink coffee, which really botheres me, because I love it.

Whenever I absolutely have no choice other than an SBUX (like I'm with the gf and she must use the washroom....) I get their best, and cheapest coffee: the "short" Americano, or what I call extra small. $1.50 or less is all you should spend on their brew. btw, I drink all coffee the way it should be drunk: black, no sugar.

I absolutely love the taste of coffee, but a few years back, I started getting really ill after drinking coffee.
Nobody can tell me why this happens, so now I can't even drink coffee, which really botheres me, because I love it.

Allergy to caffeine? For a lot of years, I would actually get 'stoned' off coffee. In younger days, we would go to a coffee house before partying on a Saturday night and having one coffee would have been the equivalent of a 'yellow jacket' or 'bennie' for me. I guess over the years, I have built a tolerance to caffeine, but even now I can sometimes tell if I am feeling hyper or aggressive it's because I had a coffee a half hour ago.
Coffee and morning traffic on the Gardiner don't agree with me.

Back