Toronto St Michael's Hospital Patient Care Tower & Emergency Department | ?m | 17s | St. Michael's | NORR

This morning:

P1000354_1 - Copy.JPG

P1000355 - Copy.JPG

P1000356 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

• P1000355 - Copy.JPG
    P1000355 - Copy.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 816
  • P1000354_1 - Copy.JPG
    P1000354_1 - Copy.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 846
  • P1000356 - Copy.JPG
    P1000356 - Copy.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 815
I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but the current St. Mike's ER has to be the most miserable one in the city.

Well, it faces tough competition from Toronto East General.

But seriously, I think a better planned, more modern and connected ground floor is one of the main objectives of the St. Mike's revitalization efforts. I think Toronto East has largely the same objective.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but the current St. Mike's ER has to be the most miserable one in the city.

In many ways, yes. But I live a few blocks away, and despite the wait (and the miserable physical space) the staff are top notch. I've been yelled at in Brampton for helping my brother limp into the ER in severe pain, I've had bad experiences elsewhere. But for an overworked, cramped downtown ER that has to deal with the downtown population, the staff are really great. I'm really looking forward to them getting a proper ER space.

In many ways, yes. But I live a few blocks away, and despite the wait (and the miserable physical space) the staff are top notch. I've been yelled at in Brampton for helping my brother limp into the ER in severe pain, I've had bad experiences elsewhere. But for an overworked, cramped downtown ER that has to deal with the downtown population, the staff are really great. I'm really looking forward to them getting a proper ER space.

I've worked there and can say by personal experience that the facilities aren't great, but it is true, the people are great.

I've for a number of reasons ended up in that ER a number of times for my own reasons or not. The facilities might be dated, but the staff deserve so much praise for the workload they manage, and for the tough clientele they treat. I was there late on Friday one time and it was a zoo in there, but the staff still greeted us with a smile and compassion. It's a busy place, but they do amazing work.

From this afternoon. Cladding on site but not up yet.

IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    447.3 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    717 KB · Views: 1,417
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG