News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 648     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 922     0 

St Lawrence Market

They are just putting the final touches to the paving of Wellington Street from Yonge to Church and are working on painting the pedestrian crosswalks. The intersection of Scott & Wellington remains temporary (and a mess!) until next spring and they look as though they will now turn to putting temporary asphalt on the south sidewalks from the west end of the Flat Iron to Yonge. The area of the sidewalk AT the Flat Iron may be getting the final bricks - but the frost may put a stop to that idea.

They are just putting the final touches to the paving of Wellington Street from Yonge to Church and are working on painting the pedestrian crosswalks. The intersection of Scott & Wellington remains temporary (and a mess!) until next spring and they look as though they will now turn to putting temporary asphalt on the south sidewalks from the west end of the Flat Iron to Yonge. The area of the sidewalk AT the Flat Iron may be getting the final bricks - but the frost may put a stop to that idea.
They promised to use a tent that the workers are able to put in the bricks.

Yes, the corner of Scott is a mess. The street lights are still covered with bags?

They promised to use a tent that the workers are able to put in the bricks.

Yes, the corner of Scott is a mess. The street lights are still covered with bags?
Yes the (short Victorian) lights remain bagged for some reason that I cannot understand. I assume THSL can keep working even when it's cold and the street needs to be properly lit so I assume (always a bad idea with THSL!!) that they will sort them out and install the proper LED tall fixtures too.

Wellington Construction Update

January 11, 2023
RE: Wellington Street E Fully REOPENED

Due to warmer weather conditions, road work on Wellington Street E has been completed. Our contractor is currently completing temporary sidewalk restoration work on the south side of Wellington Street E. All surface level road work has been completed as of January 10, 2023. Wellington Street E is now fully reopened.

Sidewalk restoration on the south side of Wellington Street E between Church Street and Scott Street will continue until Friday January 27th The City contractor will be demobilizing from the site by January 31st. Construction activities will resume in spring 2023, future updates will be provided once restart dates are determined.

Thank you for your patience during construction.

From this morning.
They are working on the sidewalk behind this view.

Thank you Mother Nature!

0AEA457A-E5C3-4361-885C-FC8D19C36414.jpeg

I wonder if the contractor is happy or pissed with this nice weather?
Who would have thought they would be working into the third week in January?

From tonight.
In 7-10 days and we might be at the Firkin bar/window getting dog treats again.
E5CF9FC7-13A2-4613-8512-976EAB81EDDA.jpeg

From yesterday
099C7D7F-7777-43FC-A759-2CB68ACFDB4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Scott St between Front and The Esplanade. Water and sewer replacement.

The water main is done and now they are working on the new sanitary sewer. They will be micro-tunnelling between the two new 9m deep shafts located on Scott Street.
Interesting how they form the shaft wall above ground and then I assume excavate from inside & below and then drop the wall and then repeat.
Scheduled for End of May completion. Some communication information from TYLin contractor.
76F40FD6-9FA7-4D05-B2CB-C48EBF9B4B5D.jpeg

59932229-AFF2-43CC-955A-5BD89F5AF908.jpeg

F14B7218-6CA1-4A58-91E8-B54F6E407F53.jpeg

Scott St between Front and The Esplanade. Water and sewer replacement.

The water main is done and now they are working on the new sanitary sewer. They will be micro-tunnelling between the two new 9m deep shafts located on Scott Street.
Interesting how they form the shaft wall above ground and then I assume excavate from inside & below and then drop the wall and then repeat.
Scheduled for End of May completion. Some communication information from TYLin contractor.
View attachment 452717

View attachment 452718

View attachment 452719
Very interesting, l assume the sewer work here is unusually complex due to the sewage pumping station below Meridian Hall. I have never seen this elsewhere.

~2013
“The City has a long-term plan to replace the pumping station with a large diameter, deep, gravity relief sewer to service the area. However, until the new sewer is constructed, the City needed to increase the pumping station’s capacity to accommodate population growth in the immediate service area.”

I’m assuming this current work is part of the new gravity relief sewer system.

From last Tuesday.
The first section of the north shaft was excavated and poured.
D1548A0A-3B7C-40EC-AC87-724F538A2A1B.jpeg

From Friday. The 2nd formed section was completed
02324D18-5FBC-4E1D-9529-73FFE381D863.jpeg

Friday
Removing fill with the excavator and bucket.
I asked one of the workers how they were loading the bucket?
… scroll down a little more
C424A62B-984D-4A41-8E50-1BC4A1C94C84.jpeg

From tonight;
The concrete cylinder was lowered a few feet today. It doesn’t look level. Hopefully it doesn’t get jammed.:)

4B44EE22-716A-45FB-AF36-3329D59DE260.jpeg

Mini me was digging the hole from the inside
AE8FC652-2DB9-4341-B40C-9051785A81E0.jpeg

Meanwhile over on Wellington St. E The Firkin Sidewalk is almost done.
BAF67DD3-998E-4084-8613-D0D6FEA352D5.jpeg

Wellington Construction Update

February 6, 2023
RE: Wellington Street Construction

Due to favorable weather conditions, our contractor has been able to continue completing the permanent sidewalk work on the south side of Wellington Street E. The contractor has projected that they will be able to continue working in the area until the week of Feb 15th if favorable weather continues.
Completion of the south sidewalk on Wellington St E will reduce the amount of construction scheduled to be completed in the spring. Future updates will be provided once end and restart dates are determined.

Thank you for your patience during construction.

Back