News   Feb 21, 2020
 1.2K     0 
News   Feb 21, 2020
 1.4K     0 

St. Lawrence Market

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wonderful - their current hours suck. 6 pm on weekdays is not late enough for all the 9-5 office workers downtown, and not opening at all on Sundays was just stupid all around.
But being closed on Mondays is ok?
The difference being.....?

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
I wonder how much 4M buys you.

AoD
A pretty decent renovation of a Rosedale mansion. But we're talking the best components you can get for most of it.
Now considering this will be a public tender and thus requiring unionised companies only to apply, I'm guess it's the usual overpriced nonsense and will get you some new light fixtures on one level.
I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Didn't say being closed on Monday is ok, but at least be open on Sundays because it's the weekend!
Agreed and do not forget that a fair % of merchants were (and remain) opposed to ANY expansion of hours. This is a one-year experiment. If the merchants find business increases with the extra hours (rather than just gets spread out) it will be easier to extend hours more in 2021.

tripwire

Member Bio
Reaction score
Living in the neighbourhood, having them opened on Sunday is a really nice change. Closing on Monday definitely sucks to those that work in the area; I'm a bit torn though - in a way, I support those resisting adding more hours. Work/life balance etc.

Reactions: DSC

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Didn't say being closed on Monday is ok, but at least be open on Sundays because it's the weekend!
Hey man....do you remember our talk about slowing down? 😝

I get your weekend rationale though.

lmoss

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not sure how recent this is, but Oliva at Front and Frederick is dark. There is no sign on the door, so not sure what's happening, but I did also notice earlier this week that their Yonge and Sheppard (Avondale) location appears empty (though I was in the car and didn't stop to check).

grey

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not sure how recent this is, but Oliva at Front and Frederick is dark. There is no sign on the door, so not sure what's happening, but I did also notice earlier this week that their Yonge and Sheppard (Avondale) location appears empty (though I was in the car and didn't stop to check).
A notice posted near the door says the tenant is in default of the lease.