UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Photo of the Day: South Core Towers
ALSO

St. Lawrence Market

CityPainter

It's about time that David Crosby Park got updated. Integral to that should be the incorporation of Neil Young into its name.
Ha, I like Neil as much as the next Canadian and I'd be happy if we put a statue of him in the park. But it is, of course, called David Crombie Park, and it's named after a former mayor who was instrumental in helping to transform the St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood from an industrialized wasteland of parking lots into a successful mixed community. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Crombie

slicecom

Ha, I like Neil as much as the next Canadian and I'd be happy if we put a statue of him in the park. But it is, of course, called David Crombie Park, and it's named after a former mayor who was instrumental in helping to transform the St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood from an industrialized wasteland of parking lots into a successful mixed community. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Crombie
David Crombie is also going to be instrumental in the park's redesign, which is pretty cool.

My dentist is at Wellington and Church. He's awesome.
We might share the same dentist! :)

Well, I agree it's not particularly exciting, but it's a good sign to see practical amenities like these being provided for the thousands of people who have moved into the area in recent years and will continue to do so. That particular unit has some sort of issue that prohibits commercial kitchen exhaust systems from being installed so it could not be another restaurant, at least not one that actually cooked food on site. This is probably a reasonable tenant in the end.
With all the developments happening in the area, another dentist/medical office isn't the worse thing to have.

pman

At least in the western world, it's somewhat uncommon to have a statue on one's behalf, if that person is still living.
That’s true. It was pretty bush league of North York to name its square for Mel Lastman while he was still alive, though I suppose it wasn’t all that surprising for either Mel or North York.