News   Jun 28, 2024
 113     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 275     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 343     0 

St Lawrence Market

There is someone making test bores in the parking lot (NW corner Front & George. I have seen this here before about 6 years ago but it is the last surface lot in the area and I can see some massive building being squeezed onto it!

View attachment 574353
It is worth remembering that the buildings on Front & George adjacent to this lot (the Coras to the north and the Booster Juice to the west ) are NOT old. They were 'recreated' in the 1980s

1718989769320.png

Another collision with a car up on the sidewalk at Jarvis and Front, just around the corner from where the King streetcar was derailed by a car a few weeks ago:

I feel very unsafe walking in that area, with all the cars running the yellows/reds, and this is why. I wonder if cops were on duty directing traffic in the intersection when this happened?

Another collision with a car up on the sidewalk at Jarvis and Front, just around the corner from where the King streetcar was derailed by a car a few weeks ago:

I feel very unsafe walking in that area, with all the cars running the yellows/reds, and this is why. I wonder if cops were on duty directing traffic in the intersection when this happened?
Unsurprising. People seem to think being frustrated by traffic is an excuse to drive recklessly. Ultimately, drivers end up hurting others and they are protected, so the incentive to think about others is low.

Also, everyone that lives south of Esplanade drives like an insane person - don't know what their problems are.

It’s less frequent that I see traffic cops in this intersection than up at King and Jarvis. I feel like it’s safe to assume this car wasn’t directed through by police considering it managed to crash seconds afterwards. Personally, I never walk along Jarvis anywhere south of Queen, it’s an incredibly hostile environment.

For those who missed it, the topic of reducing lanes on Jarvis was discussed in the market north thread a month or two ago. The sort of conclusion was that there need to be incremental changes made all the way up Jarvis + Mt Pleasant to reduce traffic flow between here and the Gardiner. Simply choking this south part of Jarvis would bring more problems than it would solve.

When I get off the streetcar along King I always feel the need to be very cautious now and peek around it first before fully crossing the street given the frequency I have seen drivers pass stopped streetcars, including once a Wheel-Trans bus that went straight by with the streetcar doors open. Then there's the idiots who pass on the left using the oncoming traffic lane which has become so common I see it every week.

And it's not only drivers but escooter and ebikers think they have free reign to blast through transit stop waiting areas and through red lights too, and especially the crosswalk at Ontario Street they don't even know that exists.

Last edited:

Back