News   May 15, 2024
 136     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 889     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 700     0 

St Lawrence Market

Any word on what date they will be closing Market Street to cars again? And is it confirmed that after last year's council vote, this will be the last time we see cars on there?

I've looked on the St Lawrence Market website, the SLNA website, the Old Town BIA website and none of them have any information about this that I could find.

Any word on what date they will be closing Market Street to cars again? And is it confirmed that after last year's council vote, this will be the last time we see cars on there?

I've looked on the St Lawrence Market website, the SLNA website, the Old Town BIA website and none of them have any information about this that I could find.
The City agreed to close it all all year at Council last fall. The BIA were not prepared and appear not to be ready yet - though they appeared to want this. They are changing their name and that may be taking up their energy/

I just got the Ward 13 Construction map from Cllr Moise's office - I am also trying to get the one from Ward 10. (@JasonParis asked about it! :->)

Ward 13 City construction 2024.jpg

The City agreed to close it all all year at Council last fall. The BIA were not prepared and appear not to be ready yet - though they appeared to want this. They are changing their name and that may be taking up their energy/
Do you know what the new BIA name is?

This silly squirrel at King and George (NE) crossed live and ground and now it’s swimming in pavement. The arc flash was quite spectacular, it blew 6 breakers at the nearby substation (233 Adelaide E).
IMG_0901.jpeg
IMG_0902.jpeg

Happened around 10:20am. 311 has been called supposedly but no clean up yet, just Hydro and CBC film crew on scene. Media will probably complain about the robustness of our infra but this is something of a freak accident. Power is back just now for me at least, some other spots still in the dark.

Back