Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

Great picture, Mo-tage. You can really start to see how both 18 York and the Telus tower are really helping to connect south of the tracks with the downtown core.

Multiple angles from Jasonzed at SSC:

20100411098.jpg

20100411092.jpg

20100411088.jpg

20100411102.jpg

20100411105.jpg

20100411065.jpg

20100411084.jpg

I think my favourite angle of 18 York and Telus is from the Esplanade. It almost appears as though the Esplanade itself curves past them in the same way that College curves past the Met. Toronto's street grid provides few examples of these interesting acute angles.

I think my favourite angle of 18 York and Telus is from the Esplanade. It almost appears as though the Esplanade itself curves past them in the same way that College curves past the Met. Toronto's street grid provides few examples of these interesting acute angles.

Thanks for posting the pics! 18 York looks like it can be viewed from almost everywhere now! i agree on how it really looks cool when the street is angled towards the buildings! I like how the MET looks on carlton looking west towards yonge!

What are they doing with the park? Looks like an old childrens train park - but it is barred up? are they just using it as a construction site?

What are they doing with the park? Looks like an old childrens train park - but it is barred up? are they just using it as a construction site?

the park is being revitalized. they have put in old trains and new landscaping, along with TTC streetcar-like tracks that double as walking paths. they are also creating a bunch of "historic" buildings that match the style prevalent during the roundhouse's creation. i believe the revitalization was financed by the city of toronto, the toronto railway historic association, leon's and steamwhistle. there's alot of better and clearer information for this project somewhere in the forum.

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?4196-Leon-s-outlet-bound-for-the-roundhouse&p=341346

Last edited:
the park is being revitalized. they have put in old trains and new landscaping, along with TTC streetcar-like tracks that double as walking paths. they are also creating a bunch of "historic" buildings that match the style prevalent during the roundhouse's creation. i believe the revitalization was financed by the city of toronto, the toronto railway historic association, leon's and steamwhistle. there's alot of better and clearer information for this project somewhere in the forum.

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?4196-Leon-s-outlet-bound-for-the-roundhouse&p=341346

Small clarification... the buildings were not created for this park, they were brought in from various real locations and are being refurbished for use in the park. There will also be a children's mini train... note the small set of tracks already in place. :)

[The best palce to get info is http://www.trha.ca/index.html The Centre will be open by end of May.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! I've been dying to see glass go up on this baby-- I imagine it will spread quickly around the tower.

Looks nice.

The glass definitely has "wow" factor. Having a person next to the sheet shows just how big these sections are. Wonder how far the sections traveled to get here from the factory.

Great news! It kinda reminds me/looks like the Four Seasons glass but not as good... once we see more we'll have a better picture of what its gonna be!

The factory is at Keele and the 407, so not far to travel.

I hope that guy didn't fall either. Looks like he would've hit the ground with a rope that long.

Trump Toronto doesn't use shadow boxes for the spandrel. I prefer the colour over the Four Seasons and the frit (?- hard to tell from the photos) detail adds another layer of sophistication the Four Seasons doesn't have.

Back