Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

Scaled Model

thanks to ProjectEnd's leads to MBA Models

Here's the Ventus scaled model that I was not able to capture before Tridel yanked it out of the presentation centre for redesign ~ :p

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Last edited:
Scaled Model

thanks to ProjectEnd's leads to MBA Models

Here's the scaled model of the Central Park proposed in the Metrogate community that I was not able to capture before Tridel yanked it out of the presentation centre ~ :p

8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Last edited:
August 16 2009 update

Healthy progress happening @ the Solaris site :)

IMG_1479.jpg

This illustrates the varying degrees of progress at different levels in various parts of the site ~ (P2 at the bottom, majority of the site's at ground level)
IMG_1480.jpg

The future site of the Metrogate Townhomes
IMG_1481.jpg

Last edited:
August 22 2009 update

Solaris seen rising from the east across the railway tracks ~
IMG_1518.jpg

Windows in the (ground floor) parking garage now visible
IMG_1519.jpg

Daily Commercial News

Solaris is being featured today on DSN ~ :D

Concrete work continues at Solaris @ Metrogate in Toronto
August 24, 2009

130.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Concrete work is moving along on the Solaris @ Metrogate Phase I and II in Toronto. Deltera Inc. is general contractor for the two, 40-storey towers with a total of 868 units, ground floor retail and six-levels of parking above and below grade.

The project was designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc. Consultants are Sigmund Soudack & Associates Ltd. (structural) and Novatrend Engineering Group Ltd. (mechanical/electrical). Subcontractors include: Coreydale Contracting Co. (excavation); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); C & T Reinforcing Steel Co. (1987) Ltd.; (rebar); Edvac Contracting Ltd. (formwork); Global Precast; Roman Metal Fabricating Ltd. (structural); Dufferin Concrete; Gottardo Masonry; Network Mechanical Inc. (plumbing); Bellwood Sheet Metal Ltd. (HVAC); Mayfair Electric Ltd.; Toro Aluminum Ltd. (windows); and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35042

August 30 2009 update

It's taking them a while ... but the 3rd floor is starting @ Solaris :)

The only angle that shows the various levels they are working on ~
IMG_1565.jpg

Seen for the first time ... South Elevation (facing Highway 401)
IMG_1566.jpg

Direct Access to Parking Level P1
IMG_1567.jpg

Last edited:

This floorplan really puzzled me. Why would the 2nd bedroom have a closet twice the size of the master bedroom? That makes no sense. So my kid is going to get a bigger closet than my wife and I? I don't think so.
2nd. Why is the balcony only accessible from the master bedroom? Very odd and terribly inconvenient. I entertain a lot so when I have friends over and we want to go out on the balcony, everyones got to walk through my bedroom? Ok everybody. Follow me. Don't mind the mess in here!

Just some feedback to pass along to Tridel's floorplan engineers.
Cheers.

Logan ... I think there is really no good reason to justify the poorly designed Suite 2Q2, besides the fact that Suites 2Q2, 1E+D, and 1G were all created by spliting each of the old penthhouse Suites 2G+D & 2H+D into two units ... therefore I suppose the designer had to work within confined limitations ~

Old Penthouse Floor Plate ... vs ... New Penthouse Floor Plate
2gd_key.gif
1g_key.gif

being a purchaser in Solaris I'm personally not too impressed by these 'new release' suite layouts either :(

With regards to the awkward balcony access from the bedroom in Suite 2Q2 ... that balcony location made perfect sense in the original floorplan for Suite 2G+D, right in the living room as you would expect it to be ... but now in Suite 2Q2 it just doesn't seem right

2gd_floor.gif

the biggest problem I have with layouts of these new 740 sq.ft. corner Suites 2Q, 2Q1, 2Q2, 2Q3 is that living + dining room, how on earth can anyone arrange furniture in this weird shaped space with no real usable wall ?? the top triangular space goes completely to waste ... what's worst, the 4-panel curved window is in fact chopped up with a column in the middle (look closely, that box above the chair is a solid column, its NOT a sidetable :rolleyes:) ... $301,000 for 740 sq.ft. in this location is a hard sell IMO

2q2_floor.gif

TWM ... I really think Tridel/G+C needs to take a really good at the 'new' corner suite designs and re-examine them ... these 4 suite layouts seriously needs some refining ;)

Thanks for posting the original 2Q2 plan Solaris. Agreed, it is better but only marginally. The den should have been moved to where the breakfast area is and push the kitchen to the far wall (where the den is now). There would have been ample room to add an island as well. Also, the second bathroom seems quite far and removed from the rest of the unit.

"the top triangular space goes completely to waste". Yes! Totally agree. They could have at least made the wall flush giving another surface to hang art. And why have 3 seperate closets in the master instead of one big long one? Breaking it up like that only leads to more lost space.

It's painfully clear that the people who design these floorplans have never lived in a condo.

hi,

i thought the occupancy would start from Aug 2010....but the website says winter 2010....so is the project progressing so fast..

any idea on the occupancy start date

I'm pretty sure Solaris' estimated occupancy starts from August/September 2010 ... however the date given for my unit is February 2011 due its location in the tower ~

Solaris at Metrogate Occupancy

The tentative occupancy for Solaris is the end of 2010 (for the lower suites- higher suites of course will occupy later depending on their location in the tower). The tentative occupancy will get firmer as construction progresses and schedules finalize.

I checked with Customer Care and a letter/email will be sent out to Solaris purchasers within the next month about revised occupancy.

Purchasers with questions should contact the sales office or email ask@tridel.com. Other documentation about your home purchase is available online at mytridelhome.com. You can obtain your usename and password through the sales office if you haven't done so already.

The tentative occupancy for Solaris is the end of 2010 (for the lower suites- higher suites of course will occupy later depending on their location in the tower). The tentative occupancy will get firmer as construction progresses and schedules finalize.

I checked with Customer Care and a letter/email will be sent out to Solaris purchasers within the next month about revised occupancy.

Purchasers with questions should contact the sales office or email ask@tridel.com. Other documentation about your home purchase is available online at mytridelhome.com. You can obtain your usename and password through the sales office if you haven't done so already.

the upcoming letter on 'revised occupancy' doesn't sound too good !! :(

if a delay letter is in fact issued it would be silly ... it was just a couple months ago Tridel sent out a notice to pushed UP (earlier) the estimated occupancy by 2 months, and now occupancy may be pushed back ... that would mess up's people plans even more and get purchasers more upset (at least I know I would be)

it would be much better of if the project manager sat back and just send out ONE delay notice, rather than getting purchasers excited and then disappointed them :eek: ... the back and forth fluctuations certain just get purchasers mad

So the project is two buildings at 40 stories and 2 at 30 stories.

How many of these are under construction and which one and also how tall??

Back