Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

LOL I certainly 'hope' Solaris will stand still @ 40 storeys (I'm not a big fan of a living in a toppling building :D)

but to answer the question, yes you are correct this building did not dig very far down (only 1 floor) before starting to build up for two reasons: one because Solaris has only 2 underground parking levels (and 4 smaller footprint above ground parking levels), and two because the builder is in fact raising the grade level higher on the overall Metrogate site (by bringing in more fill) by approximately 1 floor (therefore digging down 1 floor + raising the grade 1 floor = 2 underground levels)

I guess this is why construction pace is a little bit faster than I expected .... no complaints here TWM !! ;)

Whoa! Surprised of how fast this is progressing. Last time I saw it, the third crane (I believe) just went up and now there's all these construction? Great project for Scarborough. Thanks for the updates Solaris, well appreciated.

nope these 3 cranes are only for the 2x 40 storey Solaris towers

Ventus is far far FAR away from getting built ... any idea on timing TWM ??

Ventus Construction

nope these 3 cranes are only for the 2x 40 storey Solaris towers

Ventus is far far FAR away from getting built ... any idea on timing TWM ??

Ventus has to go to market first and the market has to improve (starting to see very positive signs now!). Depending on how fast Ventus sells will determine construction start. As always I'll post news here when I get it- and there will be some exciting news coming soon about the Metrogate community.

Follow breaking news on Tridel's other channels such as twitter.com/tridel, tridel.com/rss/tridel.xml and tridelcondos.blogspot.com. Make sure you're subscribed to receive emails as there is going to be a lot happening from Tridel in the coming weeks and months (email webmaster@tridel.com and I'll add you on).

Solaris Glass Colour

I spoke with the project manager for Solaris. The glass and spandrels order is finalized and will be a gray colour very similar to 360 at the City Centre (see photo below).

Depending on how the construction proceeds, installation will probably begin in fall.

360_lg.jpg

thanks for the info TWM ... good to know it is not green glass here :D

Solaris Construction Photos

Here's some photos taken June 16, 2009 at Solaris around 9:00 am.

IMG_6022-1200.jpg

IMG_6031-1200.jpg

IMG_6035-1200.jpg

IMG_6036-1200.jpg

June 30 2009 update

Solaris 1's on ground floor, Solaris 2's on P1 level ~

Guys are still hard at work smoothing concrete @ 5:45pm
IMG_3907.jpg

Solaris 2 crane ~
IMG_3908.jpg

Future Ventus site on the right - this gives an idea how much the grade has been raised on site
IMG_3909.jpg

Last edited:
Daily Commercial News

Solaris @ Metrogate Phases I and II shaping up in Toronto
July 6, 2009

140.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Work is shaping up for the Solaris @ Metrogate Phase I and II in Toronto, Ont. Deltera Inc. is general contractor for the two, 40-storey towers with a total of 868-units, ground floor retail and six-levels of parking above and below grade. The project was designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc. Consultants are Sigmund Soudack & Associates Ltd. (structural) and Novatrend Engineering Group Ltd. (mechanical/electrical). Subcontractors include: Coreydale Contracting Co. (excavation); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); C & T Reinforcing Steel Co. (1987) Ltd.; (rebar); Edvac Contracting Ltd. (formwork); Global Precast; Roman Metal Fabricating Ltd. (structural); Dufferin Concrete; Gottardo Masonry; Network Mechanical Inc. (plumbing); Bellwood Sheet Metal Ltd. (HVAC); Mayfair Electric Ltd.; Toro Aluminum Ltd. (windows); and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id34377

Penthouse Suites 2G+D 2H+D redesign

I recently found out that Tridel is following the footsteps of its other projects and decided to pull (replace) the 2G+D and 2H+D suites (being 1,000 sq.ft. + "penthouse collection" units) shown below located in the top portion of Solaris 1+2 for redesign and to break it up into smaller units ... much like what was done at CIRCA 2 and The Republic

Phase2_PH_key.gif

2gd_floor.gif
2hd_floor.gif

I wonder what will come out of these two units ... I'm hopeful the resultant floorplan that comes out of the redesign would be nice (given the height of the unit) ... IMO, replacement of suites 2G+D and 2H+D is no big loss given the two layouts seemed kind of odd anyways IMO ...

TWM, any timing or details for the new designs? :)

Solaris Suite Releases on the Top 4 Floors

TWM, any timing or details for the new designs? :)

The suites will be on the market after this August long weekend but they probably won't be available for viewing on the web next week. Anyone interested in purchasing should call the Presentation Centre at 416-293-5535 and talk to either May Tsui or Tara Stone. There will be one bdrm, one bdrm with den and 2 bdrm available on the top 4 floors of the two Solaris towers (floors 37 to 40 (PH) so they'll have stunning 100m+ views. Serious purchasers should act quickly to avoid disappointment.

This is an exclusive for Urban Toronto so you won't find additional info on the Tridel website.

Last edited:
August 2 2009 update

it appears to take forever to construct the underground + podium floors, but I do recognize that its a HUGE floorplate ~ the anticipation continues :)

Now on 2nd Floor (in certain parts of the complex)

Solaris 2 Crane
IMG_1341.jpg

I'm happy to see that there will be 'real' windows on the above ground parking levels~
IMG_1342.jpg

See how much the ground was raised on site?
IMG_1343.jpg

Future site of Ventus
IMG_1344.jpg

The Presentation Centre
IMG_1345.jpg

Last edited:
Scaled Model

thanks to ProjectEnd's leads to MBA Models

Views of the Solaris complex

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg