News   Jun 24, 2024
 319     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 5.1K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Sobeys

They did a lot of work to prepare and expand the space, which is now ready for Sobeys to move in, as far as I can tell. So it should take a few more months.

It is a mystery why the first grocery store didn't seek to expand to pre-empt this. The whole retail concourse needs to upgrade and expand to accomodate Aura's future residents. As it is the exisitng grocery store has been congested for ages.

It is a mystery why the first grocery store didn't seek to expand to pre-empt this. The whole retail concourse needs to upgrade and expand to accomodate Aura's future residents. As it is the exisitng grocery store has been congested for ages.

Times sure have changed in this complex. Before ROCP, where I live, and the arrival of Dominion-Metro and Winners (not to mention ServiceOntario, which attracts a lot of people), College Park was often deserted and I remember wondering how it could survive. Now it is annoyingly crowded... One thing I hope for is the return of the LCBO, which closed years ago.

Sobey's are having a Job Fair for the Bay/College store on July 6

Looks like the store will be opening sometime in August.

Dominion/Metro has been congested since the day it opened! It's been a huge success, far outperforming their year one sales targets. Sobey's will give Metro a good run for it's money, competition is good.

Dominion/Metro has been congested since the day it opened! It's been a huge success, far outperforming their year one sales targets. Sobey's will give Metro a good run for it's money, competition is good.

I hope Sobey's, like Metro, is 24 hour operation.

When residents move in to AURA, there, definitely, will be need for another store.

I'm pretty sure the a few blocks north at Breadalbane St. is open 24 hours, so I'd think College Park would be too.

Though somehow, I can see the Breadalbane location coming up for redevelopment foreseeably soon...

The new Sobey's will go in the ground level glass extension pictured below.

sobeyscp.jpg

Back