News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

SmartTrack (Proposed)

Is one of the 5 remaining stops at Bathurst, next to Fort York?

It would be fitting if the only remaining SmartTrack station were next to the Fort.

You know the story: it was doing fine at first, but it got attacked, and rather than surrender they just blew it up, taking the attackers with it when it blew..... now it's just a museum.

- Paul

The stations are Lawrence, Kennedy, Unilever, Union, ¿¿¿MYSTERY STATION???

As humours as it would be, I don't think MYSTERY STATION is at Fort York. Either Mt Dennis or Liberty Village. Probably Mt Dennis.

The stations are Lawrence, Kennedy, Unilever, Union, ¿¿¿MYSTERY STATION???

As humours as it would be, I don't think MYSTERY STATION is at Fort York. Either Mt Dennis or Liberty Village. Probably Mt Dennis.

They aren't doing a presser at LV today for no reason, so if I have to guess...

AoD

Podium with SmartTrack branding that reads "transit for Liberty Village"

So that's pretty much it - no more additional stations in the core under the ST banner? The bang ends with a whimper.

And of course, the ST banners are in Metrolinx green with a tinge of Tory blue. Who knew Pantone is this much fun.

AoD

So that's pretty much it - no more additional stations in the core under the ST banner? The bang ends with a whimper.

And of course, the ST banners are in Metrolinx green with a tinge of Tory blue. Who knew Pantone is this much fun.

AoD

I believe Unilever, St.Clair, and Queen and Gerrard are technically downtown....

Last edited:
upload_2016-6-21_11-44-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-21_11-44-54.png
    upload_2016-6-21_11-44-54.png
    127 KB · Views: 510
https://twitter.com/BenSpurr/status/745279497595817984

Spadina and Front is an entirely bizarre location to me, way too close to Union already.
It's only about 1km from Union. It would make more sense to put a stop somewhere between Liberty Village and Bloor.

I'm not sure how they could even fit a proper station in there, consideration the yard and the mess of tracks leading into Union.

This is actually very good news. Reducing the scope of SMART Track reduces the ability to claim it will provide much relief for the Yonge Line. This allows everyone to focus on the most important transit project that needs to move forward, the DRL.

At least the locations aren't bad - though I do hope that the new electric trains have good acceleration - it's going to be slow going otherwise.

AoD

Back