News   Jul 17, 2024
 359     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 580     0 

Sheraton Centre (123 Queen West, new windows & exterior repairs)

It would be cool if they added some sorta steel addition on top of the building to give the building a new roofline. Considering Sheraton is a pretty wide/bulky building facing NPS, some more visual flare would help.
Kinda like this:
4958147_large.jpg

Source: http://www.lera.com/pimg/att/4958147_large.jpg

Are you serious? Neo-classical PoMo, like the AT&T building, is over. Tacking some showpiece roofline onto the Sheraton Centre would be disingenuous to the architecture, would serve no function, and would clash horribly with the spirit of the building.

It's not a pig though, and requires no lipstick. The Sheraton is a fine example of its time.

And I'll agree it's not perfect, it does need some "new shoes": the Queen Street frontage (in conjunction with somehow fixing the egregious garage entry to the City Hall garage) needs major work.

Yesterday:

P1410184.jpg

P1410187.jpg

Attachments

• P1410184.jpg
    P1410184.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,075
  • P1410187.jpg
    P1410187.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,084
The green tint is slightly unfortunate, but nowhere as eyeballs searing as 2 Bloor East, which is the gold standard of windows done wrong.

AoD

So, the exterior reno also included meeting space renovations. All of that is done now, and Starwood is moving on to another $90 in renovations to guest rooms and more. See the front page story here.

I hope they fix up the front of the hotel as its really awful. The sidewalks and planters are in terrible shape (and makes the area look like one of the most run down in the city).

Agreed, from the outside at least it doesn't look like somewhere i'd like to stay, though trip advisor does give it 4 out of 5.

I cannot believe they would spend all that money and not do anything to fix the horrible front side, along Queen Street. That makes no sense at all.

Back