News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Sheraton Centre (123 Queen West, new windows & exterior repairs)

The interior of the hotel will be undergoing a massive refurbishment from what I'm hearing next year - all the guest rooms and corridors will be refinished and upgraded

The interior of the hotel will be undergoing a massive refurbishment from what I'm hearing next year - all the guest rooms and corridors will be refinished and upgraded

Much needed! I stayed here in 2009, and it wasn't too bad. Hard to believe that was four years ago, it definitely needs a refurbishment.

Finally...I stayed there in August and the rooms were tired, dated and in dire need of upgrading! The view is terrific though we saw it through filthy windows.

Before & After.

sheratonm16.jpg

sheratonj13.jpg

Attachments

• sheratonj13.jpg
    sheratonj13.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,098
  • sheratonm16.jpg
    sheratonm16.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,119
The point isn't to make a visual difference but to replace aging windows. That said, one obvious change is that the new windows do not have an openable awning component.

Are they going to be replacing their VERY tired signage? One hopes so!

You mean the Sheraton Centre lettering at the top? I reckon it registers more as cherishably Helvetica-era retro than "tired" these days (and as such, essential to the place's identity)

You mean the Sheraton Centre lettering at the top? I reckon it registers more as cherishably Helvetica-era retro than "tired" these days (and as such, essential to the place's identity)

Oh, I don't think the font was what he was taking issue with, so much as the physical condition of the signage.

Back