684     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 643     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 493     0 

saveoursubways (SOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd rather not have some intermediary explain our point of view....particularly one who does not share our viewpoints on the subject. Feel free to direct the councillors you know to our website or even offer to arrange meetings.

clap clap

That was awesome Keith!

I think he's been part of the SOS elimination squad, moving around the city disappearing people who might have seen a draft of the report, so that they don't point out why it would never work.

I wonder how much the consultants were paid for their work. Don't want to be involved in copyright infringements if their information is not acknowledged and paid for.
In a typical consulting relationship, the consultant retains copyright over the work. While the client may get the right to copy, and even electronically post the work (essentially a licence to use the work), they don't have copyright. For boilerplate material, the consultant would be seriously compromised, if they handed over copyright.

I think it would be best if all SOS members just put Juan on "ignore". It's a useful feature if you use it. Trolls can't live if you don't feed them, so don't feed them.

Wow. Way to insult Jane-Finch, Mr. Mammoliti. That billions can do a lot more for the community than a subway up Jane St. And the private sector will pay for it! Not to mention Jane-Finch is getting a rapid transit line, as well as the Spadina Extension. Mr. Mammoliti is a joke. I wouldn't count on him getting subways built.

Mammoliti is no more of a joke than the Transfer City crew. Remember, they were first to propose a "subway" under 8 kilometres of Jane.

http://stevemunro.ca/?p=1145

"The Jane LRT design is, putting it mildly, challenging because of the narrow right-of-way available for the south end of the route. Alternatives including underground construction or reduction in the number of road lanes are being considered. These will be a harder sell in the Jane corridor than on other Transit City routes because of the lower projected demand relative to the community impact and the cost of an underground option. This wouldplace the line underground south of Wilson Avenue, but would result in much wider average station spacing (1km if underground, 500m if on the surface)."

I happen to think that Jane would be in pretty good shape with reserved bus lanes and minor grade separation just to clear some intersections (e.g. Lawrence) where there are road width restrictions.

Being rude is painting me (and others) as losers just because we do not agree with a Sheppard Subway extension. STOP DOING THAT! Allow people to stand on whichever side of the fence

Well if the label fits. We've been bludgeoned to death with pro-SELRT rhetoric on this website for months now when just four years prior to Miller's reelection bid, a subway extension to Victoria Park/Sheppard was in line to be built right after TYSSE, if not built concurrently. A streetcar into Rouge Park is shit on a stick. All we're asking for is that the TTC honour its prior commitment to bringing more metros into the poorly served former City of Scarborough. Give us this one venue to hold rational healthy debate, contributory discussion, and receive relevant feedback and support.

No one's telling you how to think or what you should be doing and it's high time that you show us the exact same courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back