558     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 608     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 477     0 

saveoursubways (SOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to think of it if SOS is too similar to Save Our St. Clair and Save Our Sheppard, maybe the name should be changed to Subways for Toronto. Now that would really ruffle some feathers. Obvious reference to Streetcars for Toronto intended.

I think that that would be very beneficial to the image of the group, since Save Our St. Clair and Save Our Sheppard have been opposing transit projects, whereas we would like to be encouraging them. A name such as Subways for Toronto would project a much more positive image and dissociate us from any bad press that they may get.

I also like the reference to Streetcars for Toronto, but it's not too obvious. I didn't even notice it until you pointed out.

Also, why would Miller be opposed to DRL? It complements Transit City perfectly, and doesn't compete with any routes except for the section of the Don Mills LRT south of Eglinton. (I'd rather have the mode transfer at Don Mills/Eglinton than Pape station).

Last edited:
so far, we have agreed tio change the name to subways for toronto

I like the name change, it makes us sound like less of a NIMBY group (even though we actually aren't). It focuses more on the "here's what we can do to help the situation" instead of "the current situation is crap", haha.

ASSET - Alliance of Supporters of Subway Expansion in Toronto
PAST - Proponents of Additional Subways in Toronto

I like ASSET, because the DRL will be an asset to the city.

Maybe we should extend Bloor-Danforth to Montreal? I hear they have pretty decent density (very profitable for subways).:p

We should extend it to Sq One, then KW follow by London, Windsor, and keeping going west through the US to Calgary with Vancouver being the last stop.

Or we keep going north to Russia.:):):D:D:D:D:D

Next priority is a line to Brampton and Caledon.

You mean, kinda like a subway to Richmond Hill Centre when the readily available rail corridor sits right there? Lol!

Here's one with sort of an all-encompassing theme to the acronym...

QUEST :cool:

• QUeen (hypothetical DRL alignment through downtown; name of historic original subway proposal dating back to the 1890s)
  • Eglinton
  • Sheppard subway
  • Transit

Simple and descriptive; shout out to our past, yet focused on the future. We're on a quest to expand the subway lines, and a quest in of itself is a journey i.e. commute in transit. And to adapt our agenda to expanding YUS and B-D, we simply can add a project-specific sub-title:

QUEST:SCC
or QUEST:RHC or QUEST:MCC and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back