News   Jul 25, 2024
 544     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 605     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 475     0 

Sam's Pix

"you mean the legless carnivorous reptile he used to perform with?" QUOTE. the deepend.

Nope.

Not an on stage presence, but a partner none the less.

Regards,
J T

i assume you mean Bob Ezrin? the most important Canadian producer of the late 60's-80's. Toronto-born, now in business with Garth Richardson, son of Jack Richardson, the manager of the Guess Who. they opened a school for the recording arts in Vancouver last year.

Schools Out was always my favourite album by the Ezrin/Alice Cooper combo

43d6f8ec.jpg

Not a "partner", but let us not forget

Brian Christian,

the engineer.

Regards,
J T

I was gonna save this easy one until later... but it seems timely. Any guesses?
Also, I didn't wanna be left out of the Alice Cooper discussion so I attached my stub from the 1975 Welcome to my Nightmare tour.

Attachments

• Sam 5.jpg
    Sam 5.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 225
  • alice tix_NEW.jpg
    alice tix_NEW.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 217
I was gonna save this easy one until later... but it seems timely. Any guesses?
Also, I didn't wanna be left out of the Alice Cooper discussion so I attached my stub from the 1975 Welcome to my Nightmare tour.

that's Winnipeg boy Burton Cummings, runnin back to Saskatoon, coming undone, sharing the land, with no sugar tonight. judging from the length of his hair and his general mein, i'd say its in the latter days of the Guess Who, after Randy Bachman left.

Burton Cummings. Ding ding ding! Here's another semi easy one. Any ideas about the people in the background?

that's Murray McLauchlan down by the Henry Moore, in his Blonde on Blonde tousled hair Dylan phase of course. Guy peering through Sam and Murray is maddening familiar....
Mustache man upper left is less familiar, looks like evil older brother of Gino Vannelli....

Good work, the deepend. Of course it's Murray McLauchlan. Any idea what he's doing now? And yes... the guy in the middle does look familiar. I'm hoping the next picture won't be soooo easy. I'll put it up shortly.

Good work, the deepend. Of course it's Murray McLauchlan. Any idea what he's doing now? And yes... the guy in the middle does look familiar. I'm hoping the next picture won't be soooo easy. I'll put it up shortly.

he's pretty much just a journeyman musician now i think. still gigging, still married to Denise Donlon. unlike someone like Gordon Lightfoot, he never had a worldwide hit a la "If You Could Read My Mind", so i don't imagine he makes all that much in the way of publishing royalities. Lightfoot was made very wealthy by the endless cover versions of IYCRMM, and to a lesser extent Early Mornin Rain, which have allowed him the luxury of early retirement, playing when he feels like it...

Thanks for the Murray McLaughan update. I have no idea who these guys are with Sam but I'm really curious about the guy in the hat. Anyone?
Sam 2.jpg

Attachments

• Sam 2.jpg
    Sam 2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 413
Thanks for the Murray McLaughan update. I have no idea who these guys are with Sam but I'm really curious about the guy in the hat. Anyone?
View attachment 3727

From a friend who's been in the music industry for many years.

That's the Guess Who drummer Garry Peterson along with Sam Sniderman and RCA Canada president. It was taken at Same the Chineseman Restaurant (I swear to you) in 1975. We had a cocktail party. I arranged the photos for that night, however. A shot of Sam with Domenic Troiano (then in the band), Shwane jackson and Sam hung in Sam the Record Man until it closed.

From a friend who's been in the music industry for many years.

wow--i was stuck on that one--he's right!

9b2e6414.jpg
3764d354.jpg
504983fa.jpg

also--it appears Urban Shocker is right as well--i'm surprised Tom Cochrane was hanging around the scene that early, as that photo is probably from approx. 1975--years before Red Rider days. he's in his early 20's....

here he is last year:
525a32a5.jpg

Back