News   Mar 28, 2024
 72     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 163     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 243     0 

Sam the Record Man Closure

I was unclear upon reading that, whether you meant Quick was "native food", or whether it was your chosen alternative to "native food". If it's the latter, oh, dear...

(And oh dear for you, not oh dear for the food. Heck, if you don't like what you find in restaurants, you would've been better off getting picnic fare from a market or even a Ed-type discount grocer...)

Thanks Tuscani, I wasn't sure if they had applied for the expropriation of if that was just a threat in order to force the the Snidermans to sell.

If this is the case – and to get this topic back on track –*what does everybody think will happen to the site?

Will Ryerson build something from scratch and incorporate the SAM's signs into the new building or will they outfit the current building to suit their needs?

Thanks Tuscani, I wasn't sure if they had applied for the expropriation of if that was just a threat in order to force the the Snidermans to sell.

If this is the case – and to get this topic back on track –*what does everybody think will happen to the site?

Will Ryerson build something from scratch and incorporate the SAM's signs into the new building or will they outfit the current building to suit their needs?

I vote for scratch. Much as I loved Sam's, I always felt a bit nervous when on the second floor - like how would one survive a fire for instance. Other than the sign, what else is worth keeping?

They will definitely be building something new. The plan is to expand the library and add more classroom space. You can expect to see some retail along the street too and a new exit from Dundas station. None of this is 100%, its just what is currently being floated around by the president and the master plan team.

When I ate meat I found Harvey's burgers to be one of the best of the local fast food establishments (I still think Lick's takes the crown as far as chains go though).

(Holy necro, batman!)
Bumping a 10 year old thread with what could be a legit update.

I still remember those spinning records well. That was literally Yonge GPS for pedestrians -- in a glance, I knew how far north or south I was on Yonge. Now it will soon embraces new reality, by facing its hypnotic spinning glow into the matching vibe of Yonge-Dundas eye candy.

One of the two neon spinning discs is now up over 277 Victoria Street.

7AFBDB99-A943-4BAC-874C-8B903FEE6909.jpeg

5869FB4F-A165-4F37-861F-1217531E930C.jpeg

Attachments

• 5869FB4F-A165-4F37-861F-1217531E930C.jpeg
    5869FB4F-A165-4F37-861F-1217531E930C.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 475
  • 7AFBDB99-A943-4BAC-874C-8B903FEE6909.jpeg
    7AFBDB99-A943-4BAC-874C-8B903FEE6909.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 528
Torontonians must be the only people on earth that hold sentimental value over late-20th century kitschery. Why people mourn over this sign along with Honest Ed's will forever be absurd to me

Back