166     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 702     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 579     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because his life (according to his daughter's TL) involves constantly traveling to the U.S.; to me, that makes it (as I said in my post) unlikely (I did not say impossible) that he works at a UHN hospital.*

*BTW, I also said in my post: Of course, does not preclude possibility that he was at MSH for some other reason and overheard something.

Ah. I figured they were just going shopping a lot . . .

Dmw

Worth reading again: http://www.thestar.com/news/insight..._denzil_minnanwong_keenan.html?app=noRedirect

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 12.19.09 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 12.19.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 12.19.09 PM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 790
Agree w PinkLucy if applicable. But, took a quick look through her Twitter TL. (1) She doesn't strike one as a leading candidate for impeccable source on this (or anything else, for that matter). (2) Does not appear that her father works at any of the UHN hospitals (or any other Toronto hospital, for that matter).*

(*Of course, does not preclude possibility that he was at MSH for some other reason and overheard something.)

He could be a drug/medical device company sales rep. If he makes the rounds often enough he'd have a relationship with a number of staff at any given hospital.

Maybe Nunziata is the only one that wanted to be speaker and Tory had no choice but to give it to her.

Maybe Tory just wants to get the Island Airport expansion okay'ed and doesn't really care about anything else.

For instance, Andy Byford has done lots of campaigning for the DRL which is not a priority for Tory's SmartTrack plan, so it's bizarre that he's keeping him on as TTC CEO - except that like keeping Nunziata as speaker it's the easy non-choice to make.

Maybe Tory just wants to get the Island Airport expansion okay'ed and doesn't really care about anything else.

For instance, Andy Byford has done lots of campaigning for the DRL which is not a priority for Tory's SmartTrack plan, so it's bizarre that he's keeping him on as TTC CEO - except that like keeping Nunziata as speaker it's the easy non-choice to make.

AB is a civil servant and unlike the US (senior) civil servants are not all expected to resign when a new 'party" comes into power. He also presumably has a contract, is generally well-regarded and should surely tell citizens what a 'transit expert' thinks is needed. Why on earth would Tory want to fire him?

Maybe he's confused with the position of Chair of the TTC which is an appointed position by council

AB is a civil servant and unlike the US (senior) civil servants are not all expected to resign when a new 'party" comes into power. He also presumably has a contract, is generally well-regarded and should surely tell citizens what a 'transit expert' thinks is needed. Why on earth would Tory want to fire him?
I guess I'm still traumatized by the previous mayor who fired the generally well-regarded contracted TTC general manager for no good reason and showed zero respect for taxpayers with a big severance payout LOL.

Last edited:
Maybe Nunziata is the only one that wanted to be speaker and Tory had no choice but to give it to her.

In which case we are better off training a baboon to be the speaker, than spend another 4 years watching Nunziata be completely useless at it.

But don't be so surprised when Tory picks idiots, as the incoming mayor supported the outgoing mayor...try not to forget that.

Last stab at trying to look like The Stun were not Ford shills, and capitalize on the brief moments Robbie did his job?

End of Toronto's mayoral ride
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/29/end-of-torontos-mayoral-ride

A little more honest?

End of Ford's term -- but the end of Ford era?
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/29/end-of-fords-term----but-the-end-of-ford-era

Am I just having a (insert term) moment or is this article just capitalizing on the name "Ford"?

Nannyville likely to spawn new Ford
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/30/nannyville-likely-to-spawn-new-ford

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back