44     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 815     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 948     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole plan was Rob knew he would not win as Mayor, then he got sick so other bimbo brother took his place.. Then they master minded ok Rob will run for his ward knowing damn well his cancer will not allow him to do his job so bam if Doug lost his election he can always go and once again save the day and take Robs place in Ward 2.. Seems Ward 2 are crazy for the fords so they are stuck with them there.. Now about the 3rd ass of a Ford.. His court date again is tomorrow for non payment of child support .. NewMarket court , would be nice to have press show up when he walks out.. DEADBEAT DAD UGH...

OMG That didn't occur to me. DoFo will run when Rubbie has to leave his seat. I thought the hell was over.

"'Wednesday is my election,” Renata Ford said. “Those are the results that we are all waiting for.'"

Is it normal to get same day results with a CT scan or is that just for rich elites?

It's pretty normal for CTs to get read by radiologists within 24 hours. For something like a cancer clinic, it would also be normal to bring a patient back to communicate results and determine the next step.

Mikey talking about his student council experience makes him seem even less experienced than he already is. No one cares what you did in high school.

And was dong "leadership" at Laurier? What the hell is that?

Last edited:
Not quite correct - Fred Eisenberger went right to the bitter end in the 2010 Hamilton Mayoral race. His mayoralty died on the "Pan-Am Stadium" hill, and also because of a promise by the eventual winner, Bob Bratina, to "look into" deamalgamation. Bratina rode a large suburban/rural vote to victory. Hamilton has many of the same urban-suburban divide issues facing Toronto, thanks to Mike Harris and the common sense revolution.

Fred finished third and left municipal politics, becoming President and CEO of the Canadian Urban Institute.

Thanks for the clarification. So is Fred okay? 'Cause we're sorta, kinda lookin' at the Hammer as the eventual end point of Queen West. The cheapness we bought into in Parkdale at the turn of the millenium is looking like a tempting sale right now.

I really can't see DoFo being satisfied with Ward 2. There's no prestige or name brand connections to be made. He did piss all as councillor.

In today's chat, Daniel Dale was pretty certain that Doug was finished with being councillor and would certainly not be a trustee. He didn't become mayor, so the next big thing would be provincial politics.

Thanks for the clarification. So is Fred okay? 'Cause we're sorta, kinda lookin' at the Hammer as the eventual end point of Queen West. The cheapness we bought into in Parkdale at the turn of the millenium is looking like a tempting sale right now.

I voted for Fred. He's kind of a Red Tory, similar to John Tory. He's big on city building and economic development.

The "big" issue in Hamilton (quotation marks used because we only had 34% turnout) was transit. We had a pro-LRT candidate (Brian McHattie) and a "we can't afford LRT" candidate (Brad Clark). Fred proposed a citizen's advisory committee for transit, a master stroke of non-commitment that allowed him to come up the centre and win comfortably.

I really can't see DoFo being satisfied with Ward 2. There's no prestige or name brand connections to be made. He did piss all as councillor.

Doug Ford hated being a councillor. He has no interest in the mundane duties of constituency work. He wants to tell people what to do without having to do any actual work. He will never, ever go back to Ward 2.

I don't think Doug is coming back to municipal politics. Ever. This family is going to unravel, well, more so than it already has. Unless Karla rediscovers her "Jude-ism".

As for Doug's daughters, do they *really* seem like the types to get into politics? I hate to be judgemental, but while they might manage to be a do-nothing trustee, they seem more like well-off ditzes than the populist assholes their father and uncle are.

I fully expect Rob to be even more argumentative and belligerent on Council than in the past. He will get to settle back into his former Lone Wolf role and rage against the elites. Eventually people will lose interest, primarily because he either looks ridiculous or offensive, and in the interim his own health issues may make his poor attendance even worse - or make him unable to go on.

Doug Ford hated being a councillor. He has no interest in the mundane duties of constituency work. He wants to tell people what to do without having to do any actual work. He will never, ever go back to Ward 2.

Without access to the mayor's office, too. What's the point in that?

I can't remember and feel too lazy to check. It was one of the most embarrassing and un(?)intentionally offensive videos I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back