News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please feel free to choose from the following list:

- I didn't know there was a rule, I never read that rule book.
- I was never there, the media are biased maggoty liars.
- Ok I was sorta there, maybe. I'm sorry that you're offended. Important thing is past is past, I'm moving forward.
- What are you gonna do about it, huh? You know who I am? I own this F&$(*&NG town!
- Who wants to take some selfies with da mayor?!

Hey, that's not a list, that's a flow chart! ;)

Rob has eaten so much McDonalds food over 40-odd years that I'm pretty sure he thinks Mayor McCheese makes all the rules in McDonaldland.
As such, he can do whatever the heck he likes. He doesn't even need to know the rules. He even pretends not to know them when caught breaking them.

Ironically, for City laws and rules, as chief magistrate, they're *his* rules. You wanna call that "respect"?

I used to call Rofo Mayor McCheese as an insult. Then I stopped because I realized Mayor McCheese would have done a better job then Rob, and it is far more insulting to besmirch the honorable name of Mayor McCheese by associating it with Rob Ford.

Wait on second thought, I haven't been following McDonaldland news lately. Has McCheese ever called Officer Big Mac a Crocksucker, or hung around with Hamburglar at odd hours and doing odd things?

Videodrome is right, Diane is the classic Dowager Queen. She makes the plans for the Ford family, it's the kids job to carry them out.

I don't get where this whole Diane Ford/Lady Mabeth thing comes from. No doubt she's bossy, controlling and, based on the "Rob's turn next" anecdote, quite arrogant and vain. But mastermind? Given that most of her kids are drug/alcohol addicts, she's obviously not very good at it.

Thanks for the info -- so why did he also accept the debate invite? Hedging his bets to see what would be the best move come mid-October?

I realize his decision was politically motivated, but this type of thing drives me nuts. I find a lot of people do it now -- they accept an invite and then cancel at the last minute when something "better" comes up. Makes planning very difficult! Just make a commitment, dammit. <end rant>

Did Tory even accept an invitation to the debate? If you go to the Acorn page it just says a "mayoral debate" it does not say who the debaters will be.
There was a debate July 27th re the homeless discussing the same issues that were discussed last night. Does rehashing positions promulgate any further understanding?
So an invitation to a dinner was received Sept 8th. So what? Before dumping find out how long it took to make arrangements for that dinner. Maybe the commitment to the dinner was made long before even the first homeless debate.

I don't get where this whole Diane Ford/Lady Mabeth thing comes from. No doubt she's bossy, controlling and, based on the "Rob's turn next" anecdote, quite arrogant and vain. But mastermind? Given that most of her kids are drug/alcohol addicts, she's obviously not very good at it.

LOL! Are any of them very good at it?
The whole shambling mess is the same at all levels, that's the thing.

LOL! Are any of them very good at it?
The whole shambling mess is the same at all levels, that's the thing.

It all goes back to the Toronto Life article..and Tory's meeting with the Ford Family....paraphasing Mrs Fors telling Tory "you can be mayor for a couple of turns then it is Robbies turn"...I would suggest that was more delusions of grandeur than anything prescient....

Did Tory even accept an invitation to the debate? If you go to the Acorn page it just says a "mayoral debate" it does not say who the debaters will be.
There was a debate July 27th re the homeless discussing the same issues that were discussed last night. Does rehashing positions promulgate any further understanding?
So an invitation to a dinner was received Sept 8th. So what? Before dumping find out how long it took to make arrangements for that dinner. Maybe the commitment to the dinner was made long before even the first homeless debate.
I'm basing my annoyance on news reports which insinuated that he was a late cancellation. Perhaps he had never actually committed, in which case, my bad -- the poster for the event does not say names, just "leading mayoral candidates". Maybe he had told the organizers he couldn't attend and they just didn't share that with people :) Maybe Ford and Chow misrepresented Tory's non-attendance.

I think there are far too many debates, for the record.

(However, my general annoyance at people who confirm and then cancel at the last minute still stands)

I used to call Rofo Mayor McCheese as an insult. Then I stopped because I realized Mayor McCheese would have done a better job then Rob, and it is far more insulting to besmirch the honorable name of Mayor McCheese by associating it with Rob Ford.

Wait on second thought, I haven't been following McDonaldland news lately. Has McCheese ever called Officer Big Mac a Crocksucker, or hung around with Hamburglar at odd hours and doing odd things?

He once punched Hamburglar in the face and made him pick the Fry Guys off the floor.

If Doug becomes Mayor McCheese does that make Rob Grimace?

Really? And you know this how?

As for that political franchise, few knew that the Fords had a long-term game plan. John Tory discovered it in 2003, when he was running for mayor against David Miller. Advised that he ought to seek out the blessing of Ford’s father, who was then regarded as the reigning power broker in Etobicoke, Tory arranged a lunch date with the retired MPP. When he arrived, he found Doug Sr. waiting to size him up along with Diane and all three of their burly blond sons. After an hour of pleasant chatter, Diane Ford got to the point. “She said, ‘Well, we think you’re a pretty good fellow and we’re going to support you for mayor,’ †Tory recalls. “ ‘You can serve for a couple of terms and then it’ll be Robbie’s turn.’ â€

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2012/05/15/rob-ford-the-weirdest-mayoralty-ever/5/

If she isn't a schemer I don't know who is.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back