News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 568     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norm Wilner @normwilner
"Despite receiving some very difficult news ..." ... which we were told yesterday wouldn't be confirmed for another week. #TOpoli

But the results were supposed to take a week.

Yeah, which is it? This is an overwrought response if you're just waiting for tests where the end result could be benign.

I read somewhere that they were pushing for early results. Maybe they got them. Or maybe they're mourning the end of the Ford dynasty in Toronto. I'm betting on the latter.

Anyone would "push for early results" but they're acting like he's dead or dying. We still don't even know that he has cancer - that's why they do a biopsy. And, again, if they thought it was THAT bad - that something metastasized or it might well be terminal - why on earth would he sign up for a council seat? This needs to be pointed out again and again and again.

He knows he can win that seat, literally lying in his hospital bed between now and Oct. 27. But why would that even cross your mind if you're really looking the Grim Reaper in the face, worrying about your family etc. I'm not saying this is all a sham - I think that's a stretch - but they don't know the situation and they're trying to have it both ways right now (and, per Olivia chow, it's working, to an extent).

I know it is the Ford's we are talking about, but Doug's wording was rather grim. This isn't benign.

I'd have to agree, although I completely understand the mistrust from those on the Forum. I think it's not only malignant, but at a significant stage. Yet again lessons in life that if you don't contain your own derailment, you end up getting derailed from behind.

Right, and doug is never been prone to exaggeration hyperbole, misrepresentation of the truth or just flat out lying.

Of course he has. I won't doubt that at all. This just seems different.

I'd have to agree, although I completely understand the mistrust from those on the Forum. I think it's not only malignant, but at a significant stage. Yet again lessons in life that if you don't contain your own derailment, you end up getting derailed from behind.

I also can understand if people are not believing this too.

I know it is the Ford's we are talking about, but Doug's wording was rather grim. This isn't benign.
If it isn't benign, they had no business registering Rob in Ward 2. It's not like he needs to hold onto the job to support his family. It's all about his pride and the Ford family political dynasty. They make me sick.

If it isn't benign, they had no business registering Rob in Ward 2. It's not like he needs to hold onto the job to support his family. It's all about his pride and the Ford family political dynasty. They make me sick.

This is the Ford family after all. They tasted power and won't let go.

If they know something what do they benefit from holding it back?

Ohhhh, I know---if it comes out that they knew Rob was in bad shape when they registered him for Ward 2, that would look bad. Still, it was the hospital that said the tests would take a week, and I'm more inclined to believe them than any Ford.

ETA: Looks like a few people beat me to this realization.

Last edited:
I almost wonder if Rob Ford's unhealthy and train-wreck life is actually what makes a lot of people like him, and why crack-smoking and lying haven't hurt his base very much. That out of some kind of deep insecurity, they are intimidated by the people they perceive as "elite" and like that Rob is no better or smarter than they are. Maybe someone just barely struggling keeping their life together is comforted that Rob is in the same boat.

Anyone would "push for early results" but they're acting like he's dead or dying. We still don't even know that he has cancer - that's why they do a biopsy. And, again, if they thought it was THAT bad - that something metastasized or it might well be terminal - why on earth would he sign up for a council seat? This needs to be pointed out again and again and again.

He knows he can win that seat, literally lying in his hospital bed between now and Oct. 27. But why would that even cross your mind if you're really looking the Grim Reaper in the face, worrying about your family etc. I'm not saying this is all a sham - I think that's a stretch - but they don't know the situation and they're trying to have it both ways right now (and, per Olivia chow, it's working, to an extent).

The reason you think about not losing your job when you are ill is called medical benefits and life insurance. A safe seat like Ward 2 ensures your family is not encumbered by huge medical expenses when you are discharged and an outpatient. Plus your kids get insurance $$$. Cynical maybe but they are cheap, even though they are millionaires and can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back